What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where'd it go???

Pinkipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was on a webpage and clicked a link to download a program. So, where did it go ?!?!?!

Unlike Windows (eek dirty word!!!) I'm not given an option. Do downloads always go to the same place?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You cannot download programs onto the iPad from the web.

The only way you can get "programs" on the iPad is to download them from the App Store after purchasing them (or getting free ones). And, they're called "apps" or applications in the Apple vernacular...

You get to the App Store via the icon that comes with the iPad.

Hope this helped.

Marilyn

OP
P

Pinkipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. What is weird is the program was specifically for iPad and it gave you the option to download.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It probably meant for you to go to the App Store. Sometimes, when you're on the web, a new page will open temporarily, then it [somehow] calls to open the App Store. It's like magic! :)

Except when the "call" doesn't work - which is what I suspect happened here in this case...

Easy enough - just look the app up in the App Store.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Marilyn

apple2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It probably meant for you to go to the App Store. Sometimes, when you're on the web, a new page will open temporarily, then it [somehow] calls to open the App Store. It's like magic! :)

Except when the "call" doesn't work - which is what I suspect happened here in this case...

Easy enough - just look the app up in the App Store.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Marilyn
There is maybe some setting on program update...

OP
P

Pinkipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mean to beat a dead horse. Usually I've found it shows the App store icon, or clicking the link opens the store.

Doesn't it seem foolish to have an app for the iPad download rather than the App Store?!?!

If I could remember which program it was, I'd go shopping. Ah well, at least I learned something.

Most reactions

Latest posts