What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I see in my backyard...

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
The postman, or the deer? ;)

We had a moose drop by for a visit once.

Never heard of some of the great birds & animals that folks see--what an amazing variety!

We have lots of baby birds being fed just now. A blackbird made a nest in an old shed & one baby has been very timid about coming out. Both the mother & father were feeding him inside, with all the other babies on the grass. It was very cobwebby in there & he picked up lots of them :)

Attachments

• image-1476391075.jpg
    image-1476391075.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 200
  • image-392045027.jpg
    image-392045027.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 164
  • image-220829467.jpg
    image-220829467.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont see anything as awesome as the stuff you see.

You know...your "backyard" ...it can extend out into what you see in your community! I am sure you have something cool to see! :)

The postman, or the deer? ;)

We had a moose drop by for a visit once.

Picture, please...would love to see a Moose pic!!

That's fantastic......the only thing that peeks in here is the odd wasp and the postman!

The Archangel
Would love to see some bug pics soon. I am trying to get some pics of a Monarch that keeps coming to my Echinacea plant..but the darn thing flies away too quickly. Just like my humming birds.

Never heard of some of the great birds & animals that folks see--what an amazing variety!

We have lots of baby birds being fed just now. A blackbird made a nest in an old shed & one baby has been very timid about coming out. Both the mother & father were feeding him inside, with all the other babies on the grass. It was very cobwebby in there & he picked up lots of them :)

Look at those birds...was wondering why it's feathers were funky like that!! Very cool blackbird...but it's not black. Do they turn black when they get older?

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Look at those birds...was wondering why it's feathers were funky like that!! Very cool blackbird...but it's not black. Do they turn black when they get older?

Yes, the babies are like that & easy to mix up with others, like robins. They get black feathers when they moult I think. But the mum & dad feeding him were blackbirds. I will post a photo of that.

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the babies are like that & easy to mix up with others, like robins. They get black feathers when they moult I think. But the mum & dad feeding him were blackbirds. I will post a photo of that.

You must be using a camera with a nice zoom lens to get that much detail--unless it's your new ipad?

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
You must be using a camera with a nice zoom lens to get that much detail--unless it's your new ipad?

The baby birds were taken with our digital Nikon with a good lens fitted. Not like those monsters you see newspaper photographers with, but quite a big one. I'm not a techie like my husband, just know how to point & click.

I often watch the birds at the "feeding station" outside our kitchen window where they can't see us, & just click away. Or sit on our patio with a great view of everything going on. We often use a monopod or tripod to keep it steady.

Using the iPad now for photos still feels a bit strange but it gives great photos immediately, which seems magical and just a different approach. And it does its own steadying-- amazing! But I would always edit them before doing anything else, even with the iPad photos.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A few years ago robins put a nest on my kitchen window ledge. They too had the first babies just jump right out. The last one had to be coaxed to leave the ledge and chased around the yard before he finally flew.

OrchidGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In our backyard, Rusty, the Jack Russell Terrior, likes to say hello to Teddy the Tortoise that lives under the pool pump concrete pad in our backyard. There is also an Great Horned Owl who lives in the pine tree. We hope he doesn't want to have Rusty for his dinner.

Rusty & Tortoise.JPG204.JPG

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just caught this on the news. Seems an Edmonton family had quite a shock, finding a cougar in their garage. Not cool at all.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Just caught this on the news. Seems an Edmonton family had quite a shock, finding a cougar in their garage. Not cool at all.

Oh wow Kevin! Would love to see a cougar!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do have a king parrot, wild one that comes into my office and sits on the computer or walks around throwing things off the desk, then leaves.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
clermont said:
I do have a king parrot, wild one that comes into my office and sits on the computer or walks around throwing things off the desk, then leaves.

That even more so!! Wonderful image comes to mind. Any pics ?

Most reactions

Latest posts