What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I see in my backyard...

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted to start this thread to share the wonderful things I see in my backyard. Just this morning, I saw a deer and it's fawn walking across our backyard. I tried taking a picture, but they nestled behind our pine tree to nap. The fawn still was so young with its white spots. So cute!!

Here are some pics of what we see here...some were taken last Fall.

image-3737994586.jpg

image-3764523580.jpg

image-1681388204.jpg

image-570963193.jpg

I really love where we live. Hope to take some pics of some of the other animals that cruise thru our backyard soon!! :)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted to start this thread to share the wonderful things I see in my backyard. Just this morning, I saw a deer and it's fawn walking across our backyard. I tried taking a picture, but they nestled behind our pine tree to nap. The fawn still was so young with its white spots. So cute!!

Here are some pics of what we see here...some were taken last Fall.

View attachment 19830

View attachment 19831

View attachment 19832

View attachment 19833

I really love where we live. Hope to take some pics of some of the other animals that cruise thru our backyard soon!! :)
thats just lovely,we don't have anything like that but we have resident Hedgehogs,saw a squirrel recently,theres a huge toad that hops around and we had a Kestrel the other day feeding on a pigeon.

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am sooooo jealous, all I see are slugs and insects!!!

The Archangel

Oh, Gabe...how you make me smile and laugh daily!! Thank you for that...if I could send you some deer and wild turkeys your way I would!!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Oh, Gabe...how you make me smile and laugh daily!! Thank you for that...if I could send you some deer and wild turkeys your way I would!!

I did see a turkey once.....it was on my plate at Christmas!

The Archangel

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thats just lovely,we don't have anything like that but we have resident Hedgehogs,saw a squirrel recently,theres a huge toad that hops around and we had a Kestrel the other day feeding on a pigeon.

I just love hearing of the different animals that are around the world!! Toads are very cool creatures...we had a Toad house in our garden which was just a delight to have!! I am not familiar with the Krestrel, but will research that one to see!

Our squirrels here are starting to fatten up which makes me worry for an early winter. Hard to believe with all the heat we have had.

I will try to take some pics of our squirrels frolicking on our grass. They are really funny to watch! :)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just love hearing of the different animals that are around the world!! Toads are very cool creatures...we had a Toad house in our garden which was just a delight to have!! I am not familiar with the Krestrel, but will research that one to see!

Our squirrels here are starting to fatten up which makes me worry for an early winter. Hard to believe with all the heat we have had.

I will try to take some pics of our squirrels frolicking on our grass. They are really funny to watch! :)
i didn't know about the toad until one evening i was out in the garden and felt something cold on my foot,i almost jumped a foot in the air lol,its huge,we have had the Hedgehogs a long time,they keep the slugs down.

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i didn't know about the toad until one evening i was out in the garden and felt something cold on my foot,i almost jumped a foot in the air lol,its huge,we have had the Hedgehogs a long time,they keep the slugs down.

That would take me for a surprise myself if I felt that on my foot!! LOL!

We have groundhogs here (I think it's your equivalent)...and they are cute...but very destructive to our garden if left unchecked!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice photos, skimonkey. I rarely spend time outside, but there's nothing that cool to see in my backyard.

One side of one of my houses overlooks a neighbor's pool, and the house was recently sold and I made the mistake of looking over and saw the new neighbors nude sunbathing. Given their age and physical shape, shudder, I try not to look out that side of the house any more during sunbathing season.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:

We have groundhogs here (I think it's your equivalent)...and they are cute...but very destructive to our garden if left unchecked!

Here is a hedgehog......

image-976246555.jpg

The Archangel

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Skimonkey - nice pics & thanks for sharing! :)

Just wondering if the deer in your immediate area are a new event? North Carolina has one of the largest deer populations in the country and increasing numbers are being reported in western Forsyth County (my town, Winston-Salem, is the county seat). In addition, the black bear population has also been increasing and spreading east from the mountains - sightings have occurred in adjacent counties w/ at least one recent bear killed w/i the city limits by the authorities - NOW, that is returning to nature!

Our house is surrounded by other homes, so not much large open spaces for deer to roam - our animal visitors are much smaller, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, and of course plenty of birds - have even seen some raptors in our trees.

BTW, your images reminds me of my love for venison, which I'll probably order tomorrow night at one of our local restaurants just up the street! Dave :thumbs:

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice photos, skimonkey. I rarely spend time outside, but there's nothing that cool to see in my backyard.

One side of one of my houses overlooks a neighbor's pool, and the house was recently sold and I made the mistake of looking over and saw the new neighbors nude sunbathing. Given their age and physical shape, shudder, I try not to look out that side of the house any more during sunbathing season.

Oh my gosh...all of you are making me laugh!! This is great!

Kay...I am sure that was quite the surprise to see that person sunbathing in the nude! That certainly would have made me shudder also, especially of it was in the morn and without any coffee to prepare myself for something like that!! :)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

no Hedgehogs are little prickly things maybe a bit like a porcupine,they only eat garden pests and don't spoil the garden at all,theyr good to have around.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
our resident Hedgehog

photo.JPG

heres one of ours.

Most reactions

Latest posts