What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I see in my backyard...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like your wife's thinking here.....we called our Ford explorer Cookie, for Captain Cook who was an explorer.....my hubby's car which was a black SS wagon was called the hearse for obvious reasons. Lots of things in our yard have their own names! ;)

My Grandmother's cottage at the beach had it's own name. You don't see too many houses today with their own names. There were wooded areas at the back, with animals, birds, and neat places to explore as a child. It even had the traditional outhouse out back.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Grandmother's cottage at the beach had it's own name. You don't see too many houses today with their own names. There were wooded areas at the back, with animals, birds, and neat places to explore as a child. It even had the traditional outhouse out back.

My mothers house has a name.....it's her maiden name spelt backwards......and no, you don't see too many of them anymore.

Your grandmothers cottage sounds wonderful with all those places to explore and play in as a child. We still have certain areas that have outhouses but they are in the country.....never did like those things.....spiders, cockroaches, snakes and all sorts of creepy crawlies.....I was always so very quick lest something should get me ;)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, now I can't see it, nor is it really in my back yard but, I can hear birds who have found a way into the space between floors in my house, they must be nesting up there! They actually sound like a herd of elephants when the scratch around on the ceiling and they are constantly flapping their wings which just echoes all around the room!

The Archangel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, now I can't see it, nor is it really in my back yard but, I can hear birds who have found a way into the space between floors in my house, they must be nesting up there! They actually sound like a herd of elephants when the scratch around on the ceiling and they are constantly flapping their wings which just echoes all around the room!

The Archangel

We had possums in ours! They sure did sound like elephants stomping everywhere!

Have fun trying to get them out....they would be nesting too. ;)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't see any (inexpensive) way of getting them out so they are going to have to stay!

The Archangel

You'll have to find the hole they're getting in.....wait until they've finished nesting and listen for when they go out....then seal the hole.....

Just takes time and patience. ;)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there some way to entice them outside. I don't mean with candlelight and soft music but with breadcrumbs and seeds or such?:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a cottage up North, but unfortunately, no endearing name attached to it! Sometimes I call it, "Extra Work," because of the time we spend up there working our tails off to enjoy the moment! Its on a Lake and lots of trees surrounding the property. Tons of Deer and other critters are routinely seen roaming around the back and the front!

@ Gabe--Oh no, not good to have birds in your crawl space. You need to get those little guys out...or maybe they'll find their way out where the came in from!

@ Leelai--we a raccoon that repeatedly would run up and down our roof top to get to a neighboring pine tree where he lived. Our house was simply his short cut to his home. He sure did sound like a human walking on our roof. Scared the pants off me when I first heard it at night alone!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there some way to entice them outside. I don't mean with candlelight and soft music but with breadcrumbs and seeds or such?:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm outside singing "the birdy song" right now......I think it's scaring them and there are men in white coats coming towards me!

We have a cottage up North, but unfortunately, no endearing name attached to it! Sometimes I call it, "Extra Work," because of the time we spend up there working our tails off to enjoy the moment! Its on a Lake and lots of trees surrounding the property. Tons of Deer and other critters are routinely seen roaming around the back and the front!

@ Gabe--Oh no, not good to have birds in your crawl space. You need to get those little guys out...or maybe they'll find their way out where the came in from!

@ Leelai--we a raccoon that repeatedly would run up and down our roof top to get to a neighboring pine tree where he lived. Our house was simply his short cut to his home. He sure did sound like a human walking on our roof. Scared the pants off me when I first heard it at night alone!

It's not really a crawl space, unless you can crawl in a 4" gap!

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My cousins in Oconto, Wisconsin had bats in their attic, every night they would come out to feed on the local insects. Count yourself lucky you don't have bats, Gabe, people might think you were a little batty.;)

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My cousins in Oconto, Wisconsin had bats in their attic, every night they would come out to feed on the local insects. Count yourself lucky you don't have bats, Gabe, people might think you were a little batty.;)

Lol.....think! He is already! :O

Now I'm going to go hide! :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Lol.....think! He is already! :O

Now I'm going to go hide! :)

Hmm, to be honest I'm unable to contest this due to it being a statement of fact........

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts