What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do I need?

artemisblossom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to watch the movies that I buy from itunes and are downloaded to my ipad on my tv , what exactly do I need to buy to make this happen? Do I need apps in addition to hardware??

iPad For Me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadforme.co.uk
Yes I agree Apple TV is a great way to watch films off your iPad onto your TV but I personally use an Apple Composite AV cable, they are cheap and easy to use, all you have to do is plug your iPad into the jack, then connect the leads to your TV and it works, no need for apps are anything like that.

Hope this helps.

Davefewox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple tv and airplay

Yeah apple tv. I'm about to order one. I think,maybe someone can correct me, with an I device running 4.2.x you can not only steam movies wirelessly, but music and pictures as well. I'm still researching to try to find out I'd airplay wii stream other apps like pandora and public radio/public tv as well...any help??

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Davefewox said:
Yeah apple tv. I'm about to order one. I think,maybe someone can correct me, with an I device running 4.2.x you can not only steam movies wirelessly, but music and pictures as well. I'm still researching to try to find out I'd airplay wii stream other apps like pandora and public radio/public tv as well...any help??

Pandora's out. And with Internet tv streaming, you only get the audio portion. You get Netflix, Internet radio, YouTube and several picture servers native on AppleTV. Have Apple Remote installed on your iPad before you set up AppleTV because entering text with the small remote is a pain and easier to do from the iPad.

During the holidays we entertained my family and I made a series of specific picture folders to be played in slideshows while picking music and playing it simultaneously. All from the iPad and the host computer, wirelessly. I got good marks from everyone a sign of which no conversation ever strayed to politics! :p The older folks had their jaws drop, laughed and had a good time as much as the children...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions