What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do i need?

jusumkid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi new guy here

just recently bought an ipad and was trying to find out if there was a way to connect the ipad to my tv. Is there a connector that plugs into the bottom that i can connect to my tv. Reason being is if i have a movie playin on the ipad i want to be able to play it on my tv or on my monitor in my camper or in my vehicle. Please help

OP
J

jusumkid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually have that cable i ordered it for my iPhone trying to do the same thing and it doesn't work

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Google is your friend.

An old analog TV with a 75 Ohm connection? Won't work. An HDTV? What kind of connections are on your TV? HDMI only or do you have component only or both?
You mention a monitor. A CGA monitor? That won't work? A VGA monitor? That would be a different cable than the one for a HDTV.

You need to give more info than just "What kind of cable do I need?"
No one on here knows what you are trying to do other than connect to a TV and a monitor.

Dr. Nate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Component AV Cable - Apple Store (U.S.)

Apple iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

You can probably find off brand knock offs for cheaper if you search Google or this forum. I have think the component cables will work better for trying to connect to a TV and a screen in a vehicle. Just a heads up, but they do make mounting kits that piggy back into your vehicle's audio system. I just setup one in my boss' Titian. Looks great, fits up in the overhead bin , and keeps it charged.

-Nate

OP
J

jusumkid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MY tv has both hdmi and component and the monitor is a flip out DVD player in my truck it has just regular rcas

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One cable won't fit all of your needs. I use the iPad dock to via connector for my computer monitor but you can use the component cable for the HDTV.

OP
J

jusumkid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what does the component cable look like i have a cable that plugs into the dock and has 3 rcas and a usb but i hooked it up and nothing happened

Most reactions

Latest posts