What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here you go. It's all gobbledygook except for obvious music etc...

Attachments

• image-4133486414.jpg
    image-4133486414.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 130
  • image-1028930952.jpg
    image-1028930952.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 128

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here you go

Attachments

• image-3970210450.jpg
    image-3970210450.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 130
  • image-13494135.jpg
    image-13494135.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 143
  • image-3832318743.jpg
    image-3832318743.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Dedzdedz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As i lost my 3Gs... Here it is, my new "friend". Hopefully it will last long!

Attachments

• image-818858793.jpg
    image-818858793.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 119

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hopefully you keep an eye on this one dedzdedz I still love the 4. Beautiful glass. At least hubby is getting it so I can keep an eye on it. I've bought him one of those survivor cases for the army. Overprotective? A bit. ;)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yup! I'm beginning to realise that I know nothing about Mac's at all. Those gestures! Yikes! I still don't know how to transfer my iTunes folder which I have located from my WD external hard drive but don't see how to show it in iTunes itself. Total noob! Gab? Help?

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Woohoo--Hayles!! I did the same thing.

I transferred my music from my old computer to my external HD then onto the new MBA. If I remember correctly...I ended up making a new "playlist" and copied the files into that playlist folder!

This also helped me: How Do I Transfer Music from My PC to My Mac? :: My First Mac - Help Buying and Getting Started with Your New Mac

And this: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/moving-your-itunes-library-to-a-new-hard-drive/#

Last edited:

Dedzdedz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully you keep an eye on this one dedzdedz I still love the 4. Beautiful glass. At least hubby is getting it so I can keep an eye on it. I've bought him one of those survivor cases for the army. Overprotective? A bit. ;)

I bought a case and a screenguard as well. Not at all i agree with you i might get one of those cases that look like an armor xD

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I'm afraid poor old Gab spent most of his morning trying to sort it out but the problem is that my iTunes library is 795GB and my poor ill ole MBA is only 250GB. You can see our problem. Apparently my iTunes library on the HD isn't there but it is!!!! It won't recognise the files and gab says I need another hard drive to do it again. Sigh. I will look at your sites to see if that works. I miss my iTunes. Lol

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought a case and a screenguard as well. Not at all i agree with you i might get one of those cases that look like an armor xD

Yup good idea. I think it was called a griffin survivor. Lol. These guys threw this phone at all sorts of things and it didn't break. I think I can safely say that he won't break the screen again. My first iPhone 3GS got that treatment. Still works though. It doesn't warrant the £77 to fix it though.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've also had to reformat my external hard drive . When I bought it, it was intended for use on Windows and was formatted in the NTFS format. So when I attached my HD to the Mac, my Mac could read-but not write from it. Because of this, I had to reformat my HD to FAT 32 so it could read and write to both Windows and iOSX.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay you know what I'm going to ask now don't you? How do I do that? And without deleting my HD folders. The first website doesn't allow for a larger iTunes folder. I'm reading the other one now.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay you know what I'm going to ask now don't you? How do I do that? And without deleting my HD folders. The first website doesn't allow for a larger iTunes folder. I'm reading the other one now.

When I formatted my HD, I did it AFTER I transferred my music from HD to MBA. So it reads and transferred fine.

The reason I realized I needed to reformat was when I wanted to transfer my cannon pics from MBA to my HD. I wouldn't allow me to do it. I realized then about the different formats available.

In order to reformat...you MUST MUST save everything from your HD before you begin to reformatting process. If you don't, you will delete everything you have. So make sure you do this first.

It doesn't sound like this is what you need to do in your situation...so this won't be something you need to do right away.

Anyways... Have you tried to download half of your library first and download to your MBA first?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts