What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know. It's a fantastic building. I love those films. I have a copy of all of them. Maybe I will put them onto iTunes one day. Well, I seem to have sorted out the library on iTunes. It's now organising it. But it's taking sooooo long. After a few mishaps. Ho hum. It's halfway. 5 hours later!!! Sigh!
Anyone know how to get rid of docs on the preview screen? I seem to have 5 pages and there doesn't seem to be an x button anywhere. Is this a windows moment for me? Noob on mac OSX here.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Just to add to what Skimonkey said, the "x" in OSX is on the other side of a window.....

image-1116022826.jpg

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just updated my OpenOffice Program on my Mac! Pages is nice, but I like the versatility of having both word processors on my MBA just in case I need it!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you use the right equipment! Good luck;)

Cr: imgur

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, that will certainly get rid of the problem of hunting Mosquitos in the kitchen. In fact, it will remove the kitchen!:D

I was desperate enough last night, I would have used it. :D
They were everywhere. It wouldn't have mattered whether I'd have slept in a house or not. :-(

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Listening to my daughter telling me about last night's experiences: she met some former students of mine from the next village. They're adult now, ~ 35, I guess. Interesting to hear they still remember me exactly. Not only what I looked like, but also my character.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
yes but in preview everything disappeared! I eventually realised it just went up and i needed to hover at the top to get it but Ski did help me. i force quit preview which is something Gab also taught me! See? I'm getting there! I've now got all my movies, tv shows, music etc... on iTunes. the only thing I haven't done is the apps. I'm sure I don't need to update those. Those are better left on the HD surely?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes but in preview everything disappeared! I eventually realised it just went up and i needed to hover at the top to get it but Ski did help me. i force quit preview which is something Gab also taught me! See? I'm getting there! I've now got all my movies, tv shows, music etc... on iTunes. the only thing I haven't done is the apps. I'm sure I don't need to update those. Those are better left on the HD surely?

Are those your iPad apps? If they are it makes sense to either have those in iTunes or point iTunes at them......if you don't then iTunes will likely rebuild the app library internally.

How are you getting on with your new MBA? Have you used it for chopping vegetables yet?

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Woohoo Hayles...sounds like you're chipping away at it! Transitioning from Windows to Mountain Lion has been a fun discovery at your leisure, but when you need to "know" immediately it can be a bit frustrating.

Are those your iPad apps? If they are it makes sense to either have those in iTunes or point iTunes at them......if you don't then iTunes will likely rebuild the app library internally.

How are you getting on with your new MBA? Have you used it for chopping vegetables yet?

The Archangel

Hey Gabe...have you updated your Apple TV? I just did mine, not sure how long ago this one was released. However the one in February took ~ 4 hours! Fortunately this one only took about 10 minutes!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woohoo Hayles...sounds like you're chipping away at it! Transitioning from Windows to Mountain Lion has been a fun discovery at your leisure, but when you need to "know" immediately it can be a bit frustrating.

Hey Gabe...have you updated your Apple TV? I just did mine, not sure how long ago this one was released. However the one in February took ~ 4 hours! Fortunately this one only took about 10 minutes!

Thanks for the heads up.....I'll set it updating before the live golf starts on TV in about 15mins!

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up.....I'll set it updating before the live golf starts on TV in about 15mins!

The Archangel

There's some new features with the new update. Here we now have CrunchyRoll, SkyNews, HBO2GO. There are several others, but I haven't gotten far!

Most reactions

Latest posts