What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought I'd do as I was told and took a photo of my new baby.

I love my baby! :)

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Congrats and enjoy, Hayles. Lol, iPhone with baby bunting?

My husband didn't take to iPad, but he increasingly likes his iPhone 5, so maybe Apple will assimilate him, too, lol.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
guess what I am posting from? hee hee
very steep learning curve, here guys! For an absolute Mac beginner, the start up process was nerve racking. I had no idea what I was doing and did't know any of the finger gestures either. I will post photo when I am back on my iPad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
very steep learning curve, here guys! For an absolute Mac beginner, the start up process was nerve racking. I had no idea what I was doing and did't know any of the finger gestures either. I will post photo when I am back on my iPad.

Your new 13" MacBook Air?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Well, that was quick!

Looking forward to seeing it! ;)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup! I'm beginning to realise that I know nothing about Mac's at all. Those gestures! Yikes! I still don't know how to transfer my iTunes folder which I have located from my WD external hard drive but don't see how to show it in iTunes itself. Total noob! Gab? Help?

Attachments

• image-750344416.jpg
    image-750344416.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 117
  • image-1665951601.jpg
    image-1665951601.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 103
  • image-1198526425.jpg
    image-1198526425.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yup! I'm beginning to realise that I know nothing about Mac's at all. Those gestures! Yikes! I still don't know how to transfer my iTunes folder which I have located from my WD external hard drive but don't see how to show it in iTunes itself. Total noob! Gab? Help?

Nice photos of your new MacBook. :) Welcome to the MacBook family. If you haven't already done so, you can download this quick start guide by going here. http://support.apple.com/manuals/#macnotebooks

Last edited:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've also realised that I need to buy iWork's as well.

If you are looking for a quick answer go to the help section when you are at the home page. Just put help in the IPF search bar. I'm afraid I'd steer you wrong with my kilobyte of iTune knowledge! But they have wizards in the help section! I met one or two!!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Woohoo! What a beauty!

Now, don't panic about iTunes! First off, close iTunes on your Mac, click on the Apple symbol (top left of screen) and in the drop down menu choose "force quit" then choose "iTunes" from the next menu......if iTunes isn't in that menu then it isn't open.

At this point plug in your Ext HD and open a finder window, you should see your Ext HD in the left hand pane.

Now, holding down the option key on the keyboard open iTunes. iTunes will ask if you want to start a new library or pick an existing.....choose the latter option then direct it to the folder on your Ext HD.......iTunes should do the rest.

The Archangel

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score

This all looks extremely promising Hayles. I will follow your progress with great interest.

I see that Gabe has arrived. :)

image-612513075.jpg

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woohoo! What a beauty!

Now, don't panic about iTunes! First off, close iTunes on your Mac, click on the Apple symbol (top left of screen) and in the drop down menu choose "force quit" then choose "iTunes" from the next menu......if iTunes isn't in that menu then it isn't open.

At this point plug in your Ext HD and open a finder window, you should see your Ext HD in the left hand pane.

Now, holding down the option key on the keyboard open iTunes. iTunes will ask if you want to start a new library or pick an existing.....choose the latter option then direct it to the folder on your Ext HD.......iTunes should do the rest.

The Archangel

And in case there is any doubt, this is the option key.......

image-2859626248.jpg

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts