What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what are benefits?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ability to customize you ipad any way yoy want... As well as ** EDIT **...lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Beware, as i have ** EDIT ** also, BUT, the mods dont like it. Watch how u talk about it. If u go into detail of what it can do, they will edit ur post n lock the thread :-0 lol :D

Last edited by a moderator:

beatlejohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i wasnt intersted in jailbreak till about a week ago actually. i have an iphone 3gs and the new updates said there would be more sms tones. so i download only to find out its all for iphone 4! and there were probably just annoying squeaks anyway!
so i decided to JB my iphone......... wow am i glad i did that lol so much fun learning how to mod and tweak things to yr own tastes.

so a few days ago i got on here and read up on ipad JB and decided to do it.
im with alot of others here i love to change my themes around and have different sounds all the time. and IFile is great as bob said before u can grab a few sd cards and u have unlimited space issues. ( i cant use a flash drive with IFile tho :()

i tried to find XBMC on cydia but i couldnt find it??

u really have nothing to lose by JB as yr device can be restored if u dont like it. just make sure u back up yr device before u do it just in case!

Skeets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I jailbreak my iPad will this void my warranty. I was told it would by someone who isn't exactly iPad savvy lol

saguaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i wasnt intersted in jailbreak till about a week ago actually. i have an iphone 3gs and the new updates said there would be more sms tones. so i download only to find out its all for iphone 4! and there were probably just annoying squeaks anyway!
so i decided to JB my iphone......... wow am i glad i did that lol so much fun learning how to mod and tweak things to yr own tastes.

so a few days ago i got on here and read up on ipad JB and decided to do it.
im with alot of others here i love to change my themes around and have different sounds all the time. and IFile is great as bob said before u can grab a few sd cards and u have unlimited space issues. ( i cant use a flash drive with IFile tho :()

i tried to find XBMC on cydia but i couldnt find it??

u really have nothing to lose by JB as yr device can be restored if u dont like it. just make sure u back up yr device before u do it just in case!

That's because XBMC is not there. You have to add the repo first to get it.
See this link for instructions:

Install XBMC on iPhone/iPad - XBMC

saguaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to what I know, it will void your warranty. Some people have posted that if you have a problem, you can restore and undo the jailbreak and contact Apple for help with whatever problem it is, as long as it relates to anything but the jailbreak.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't JB my iPad, may be a phone though

Stephen777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's see. I have a big list. Themes, FREE APPS, cool modifications like activator, Griviboard, and Poof, Free music, infiniboard, 3rd party apps, MXTube, ability to tranfer data, Backgrounder, Download Managers, plus most of our favorites, emulators like NES SNES, N64, PS1, XBOX, all on the iPad, and alot more!

Most reactions

Latest posts