What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Considering Jailbreaking, What are the main benefits?

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Considering Jailbreaking, What are the main benefits? One of the reasons is that I want to be able to move pictures around from folder to folder within the ipad and other things like that, that I cannot do at the moment. Also what are Blobs and anything else I need to know. BTW I have updated to IOS5 and I have an Ipad 1. Thanks all

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kind of. In iOS 5, you have pictures in the Camera Roll. You can make folders for these pictures, but the app is making links to those albums; it's not actually moving the photos to them. So, everything still shows in the Camera Roll ... and in the album. A bit clunky, but still better than having everything in the Camera Roll with no way to sort them out.

With a jailbreak - you can buy the Cydia tweak PhotoAlbum+ ($6.99, USD), which will let you create albums. And, this tweak will actually move the photos from the Camera Roll to the album(s) - no links.

Hope this clarifies. And, No1zeppelinfan, take a look at the tweak, also. If you decide to jailbreak (which you can, tethered, because of owning an iPad1) - this may be what you are looking for.

Marilyn

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photoalbums+ isn't working for iOS 5 yet...unfortunately.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, thanks Munky. Didn't pay attention to that part...

So, when it gets updated, then would be a good time to get it. :D

Marilyn

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used it for quite a while, I emailed the developer to ask if he was going to update it for ios 5, and haven't got any word back. Given the new functionality in the photos app he may not, who knows. The only things that need to be done are 1. Give us the ability to move a photo to any album whether it was one we created on device or one synced from iTunes. And 2. When we move any photo into said album, it should not show in saved photos or camera roll

I wrote a rather lengthy post about how the photos app should work totally, these two factors are just the bare minimum. I did find an app in the AppStore called photo shack pro that is basically just a new front end for photos, as it doesn't copy any photos, it just uses the built in library. It's pretty awesome actually, you have Libraries, then your albums are within those. You can drag and drop to re-arrange albums as well as re-arrange pics in the album. It cost $14.99...a bit salty for a casual user, but it is well worth the money as I doubt Photoalbums+ will get updated.

Most reactions

Latest posts