What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the new iPad Help section!

kathleenmastic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi...was wondering if anyone else has this problem... I was in Email (yahoo) account and after re-reading a note in the sent folder, went to return to inbox, and found I am unable to get back there. When I press back arrow in upper left corner, it sends me to the next note in the sent folder back, and when I touch the folder icon at the top of the page, it does give me a list of folders, but then directs me with a message that if I want to drop the open sent message into a folder to tap on the folder I want. There does not seem to be any way to get back to the inbox. O course there must be....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The easiest way to get back to the Inbox would be to force close the app: double tap the Home button to show the multitask bar. Slide the Mail app icon towards the top of the screen to force close it.

Do you use the built in Mail app, or the Yahoo Mail app?
If you hold your iPad in portrait mode (upright), try changing it to landscape mode. Maybe you'll find your way back to the Inbox easier that way.

kathleenmastic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks JA! I would add one more step from this...it did not work after closing the app, but I had to power down and then restart. Then it was fine. Thanks so much!

Dollymixture

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image.jpg
Hi, I have a question about my video settings. In Settings->Videos I do not have the "show all videos" slide button at all and instead have "Show iTunes purchases". How do I get the "show all videos" slider? I am on IOS 8.4.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 66262
Hi, I have a question about my video settings. In Settings->Videos I do not have the "show all videos" slide button at all and instead have "Show iTunes purchases". How do I get the "show all videos" slider? I am on IOS 8.4.
Just turn on the switch that says "Show iTunes Purchases". Then when you open the videos app, all your purchased movies and TV shows will appear, not just the ones currently downloaded to your iPad.

There's no separate "Show All Videos" slider.

Dollymixture

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image.jpg
Hello Scifan57,
I did have the iTunes slider on but I switched it off again. My main problem is that game in-app bonus videos just don't play at all on my iPad and I don't know why. When I had the iTunes slider switched on it didn't solve my problem so I turned it off again. Youtube plays perfectly fine. My friend can play the in-app videos perfectly fine and has the settings (screenshot above) with the 'show all videos' tab. She is on an earlier IOS but I don't understand why she can play in-app videos and I can't.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're playing videos on your iPad that are not downloaded to the iPad, that means that they're being streamed to your iPad. Unless you have a very good internet connection, you're going to run into problems because your internet connection doesn't have enough bandwidth to stream those videos properly. If you know where you can find a better internet connection, try it out and see if you can now watch those videos.

Dollymixture

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can stream any other videos on my iPad and my friend can do so too using her iPad when using my broadband in my house. It just seems to be that on the same broadband, in-app videos for will not even appear on the newer, later IOS, iPad whereas they will on the older iPad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can stream any other videos on my iPad and my friend can do so too using her iPad when using my broadband in my house. It just seems to be that on the same broadband, in-app videos for will not even appear on the newer, later IOS, iPad whereas they will on the older iPad.
Have you checked to see when the apps were last updated? It's possible that they're not compatible with the latest iOS versions. I have several apps like this, myself. The videos haven't played since the iOS 7 update in 2013. The videos will, however, play on my iPad 1 which is on iOS 5.1.1.

Dollymixture

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Yes I've checked. It's the brand new Angry Birds Stella Pop. My friend is on IOS 7 and has no problem playing the in-app videos when using my broadband, yet I'm on IOS 8.4 and can't. The videos are totally skipped on my iPad. it doesn't try and display them at all. It's very weird. Thanks for your help, maybe I should try a gaming forum?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried using WiFi at another location to see if the problem persists or is limited to your home WiFi?

Dollymixture

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, as I haven't had the opportunity, but I will be able to try it in a week's time when I will be at a different location, use a different broadband and compare it with a friend there who has an iPad who has no problems playing videos.
I will have to leave it till then.
Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As a side note, just in case it wasn't clear, the "Show All Videos" switch in Settings > Videos only affects videos that you purchase in iTunes. It has no affect on videos in any other app, store, website, etc.

All it does is show all videos purchased in iTunes, whether they are downloaded to he iPad or not. When the switch is off, only videos stored locally (in the Videos app) are shown.

Most reactions

Latest posts