What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps start and then kick me to home screen..help

Frenchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello lovely, helpful iPad friends! :)

I was given an iPad from my husband last month (early Christmas gift). Everything has been going swimmingly until yesterday.

I downloaded "cut he rope HD" and "Ininity Blade". They both have the same problem so, I am assuming that this is something to do with the iPad and not the new apps, specifically:

I start the app, it starts to load, and the it kicks me back to the home screen.
I have synced the iPad; as well, I erased the apps from the iPad and reinstalled them. Now I'm stuck and I don't know what to do next. My son and I would GREATLY appreciate any help.

Frenchy

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're seeing the apps crash, but unlike when apps crash on a Windows machine on an iPad they just vanish instead of throwing up an error.

If you read the notes on the App Store you'll often see a suggestion to power cycle/reboot your device after installing. This seems to be most common for large or graphically intense apps.

To reboot just hold down the power button until you see the Power Off message and after it shuts down turn it back on again.

OP
F

Frenchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're seeing the apps crash, but unlike when apps crash on a Windows machine on an iPad they just vanish instead of throwing up an error.

If you read the notes on the App Store you'll often see a suggestion to power cycle/reboot your device after installing. This seems to be most common for large or graphically intense apps.

To reboot just hold down the power button until you see the Power Off message and after it shuts down turn it back on again.

Bill!
That totally worked! Thanks sooo much. Cut the rope is awesome!

So, for future reference, should I reboo after I download all apps from now on?

Yours,

Frenchy

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, just the graphically intensive ones as they really push the hardware to it's limits.

G0Dzs0LD13R

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a different problem

I have a iPad 2 and iPhone 3GS and the same thing is happening on both of them, they both seem to be loading up then after about 2 minutes it just crashes. when it is up though the music plays but you can't press anything. I did what you said and turned it off properly but it still seems to be the same. it is the same problem on the holiday gift version. plz help because I know how good the game actualy was before

ChrisLuikuo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USBill said:

I am having the same problem with Imikimi app. When the app crash first happened, I deleted and re-installed it. It went fine but the app crash happened again. I can no longer risk losing all the data that I have saved. I already tried rebooting my iPad several times but the problem still exists.

Please give me more options or solutions that I can do for this. Thank you very much!

gable1995

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have this problem. The app plays the music but freezes on home screen. Restarting and rebooting my iPad doesn't work. What do I do?

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to be so long in replying. I've been seeing a lot of app crashes, even in smaller apps, not just games.

I think we either have apps that need to be updated for the current iOS, or Apple needs to fix something.

Be sure you have iTunes set to send app crash info to Apple.

Most reactions

Latest posts