VPN assistance required

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by katesb, Jul 29, 2011.

1. katesb

katesb iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

Am new to all this iPad stuff, and all going well other than using VPN Express.

I've uploaded the app (this one seemed to be one of the best to use) and all easy enough until I come to try playing something from BBC iPlayer. It starts to play a programme but then just keeps sticking and is unwatchable.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Kate
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

I saw your VPN question - hopefully someone will be along to answer it soon.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
    Scotland
  3. mark.smith2188

mark.smith2188 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Solution

Which means that youhave to have a good VPN service to handle your badwidth and streaming. Obviously a free or $1 VPN Service can't afford that. Its only good for browsing and not for streaming. For streaming you will have to go with a good speedy and reliable VPN Service. I have used quite a few like PureVPN, IAPs VPN, HMA they all work good and I stream Hulu and iPlayer quiet well in iPad.

go for one of these, or you can select any from this Top 10 iPad VPN Services ..
    Best iPad 2 VPN Service | List of Top 10 iPad 2 VPN Service Providers | Bestvpnservice.com's Blog

Hope that solves your problem.. :)
  4. katesb

katesb iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've actually got the no. 4 top 10 iPad VPN - VPN Express. Guess I'll just have to sign up to a couple of others before I find one that works....

Thanks anyway....
  5. mark.smith2188

mark.smith2188 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    VPN Express and Express VPN (One at No: 4) are two different VPN Providers my friend. VPN Express is not in our any list.

I would prefer you go with Hidemyass :)
  6. katesb

katesb iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So, have signed up to HMA - still doesn't work. Instructions on HMA are crap for those us without a degree in computing ..... Have put in what I see to be the correct codes etc but nothing... Happy to take my money though!
  7. johnsonm90

johnsonm90 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think Mark Smith is right in saying that you should try changing your VPN service provider..You must not be getting good speed on your VPN which is causing the problem..I use VPN for the same purpose i.e. streaming US and UK only websites from outside these territories and my recommendation would be Purevpn..Unrestricted speed, Quality service, 99.99% uptime and excellent support staff.Video streaming will start working like charm :)
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  8. info

info iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Do you get good video when you do not use a VPN service?
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  9. benbriggs

benbriggs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im in the UK so can watch iPlayer without the VPN, I bought one few months back in Spain for that reason but to be honest definately recommend getting one for US content, Hulu is amazing and they have plenty of British content on there as well as the American stuff. Im not sure if theres any free ones about.
    Easy enough to set one up on an ipad, same setup as the iphone pretty much, this shows it www laptoptelly com