What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connected VPN but can't see local servers

Chrisppc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm gradually moving closer to replacing my laptop with my iPad for travelling but there's one, final thing I can't seem to get working - VPN. I need to be able to sign into my employer's servers using VPN to get access to various stuff but although I can connect through VPN, I can't access the local server addresses when connected - why???

I know the I'm definitey connected to our server cos I can ping the server address, but when I type the specific internal web address into Safari it won't connect - I think it might be trying to find an external web address? Can anyone tell me if I need to switch something somewhere to tell it the web address is on the server? I've tried a couple of other iPad web browsers but get the same problem.

Please help!this is the last hurdle to getting my iPad fully integrated into the office!

Thanks.
Chris

jimyo01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use "teamviewer" excellent program and free for personal use they have an app and can download for your home computer. Secure with assigned pc number and password.
Jim

Most reactions