What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virus??

Ipaddos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my iPad2 has been acting strange for a while now.

While browsing it will quit and jump to the home screen. This happens frequently while in Facebook (not the app).

Also, my main hotmail acct. will no longer send messages from my mail app. It receives mail but won't send. It says "the username or password is incorrect for....". It is the correct username and password.

I bought the ipad new.

Thanks for your help

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Ipaddos - welcome to the forum! :)

First, malware is not likely the cause of your issues. Second, if not already done, 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' the iPad - DIRECTIONS HERE - good luck and please post back if still having problems!

OP
I

Ipaddos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will do, thanks. I forgot to mention this iPad is constantly losing wifi connectio while our other devices are still connected.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Will do, thanks. I forgot to mention this iPad is constantly losing wifi connectio while our other devices are still connected.

Please tell us if you have updated your iPad2 to iOS 6.0 or 6.0.1? And if so, has the Wi-Fi connection issue been worst since the update? For myself, after updating to iOS 6.0.1, I am having the same problem, i.e. Wi-Fi comes & goes intermittently; sometimes a 'Restart' will help - my iPod Touch continues to connect w/o a problem (G2 so still on iOS 5.x).

My feeling is that this is likely an iOS issue and hopefully Apple will come out w/ yet another 6.x update that may help - who knows? Good luck - Dave :)

katty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did update my ipad and i lose connection time to time. it shuts apps too very annoying.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I did update my ipad and i lose connection time to time. it shuts apps too very annoying.

Hi Katty - welcome to the forum! :)

Not sure what iPad model you own & assume that your update was to iOS 6.0.1 - please review my post on doing a 'Restart' or 'Reset' to your device - this may help the apps issue; NOW, concerning your internet connection, that may continue? Good luck and please post back if still having problems!

Most reactions

Latest posts