What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Mail programme

Autumn Witch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad Air 2 running on IOS 11.3 and I use the inbuilt Mail programme for all my emails. My main email provider is Ntlworld.com. Recently I was unable to send or receive emails and simply got a notice to say The username for “Gmail” is incorrect.

I do have a couple of Gmail addresses but don’t use them very often and I have never received a similar message before. Using my laptop I changed the passwords on the Gmail addresses and also on the Ntlworld address. Now my iPad can Receive email on @ntlworld.com but cannot send. When I try to send I still get the message that the username for “Gmail” is incorrect and the emaillands in the Outbox. Does anyone know why Gmail is interfering with the iPad Mail programme and/or my @ntlworld.com address.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

OP
A

Autumn Witch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Thomas, Thanks for the suggestion. I’m pretty sure the fault lies inside my iPad somewhere - my laptop (Wndows OS) is dealig with all my emails without any problems. I’m currently trying out the suggestion made by Jupiter 7 and will post the results later in the day.

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi My iPad Air 2 11.4.1
Recently started to go to a black screen before loading the gmail App.
Sorry people problem solved, deleted the App and reinstalled it, now it faster than ever.
B.B.

Most reactions

Latest posts