What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yahoo! Mail password randomly changes by itself

stevewaclo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

No joy on search so I am appealing to the accumulated wisdom of iPad2 Forum members.Also, iPad support wants $$$ :(.

I'm running an older version of Yahoo Mail (not the Apple app which I found to be very slow to load) and have it saved in the lower section of my main page as Mail.

While using YM, I will randomly (sometimes after a day or so and sometimes several times in the same session) receive a pop-up message indicating my password is incorrect. When I go to the settings/mail page for my account, and enter my password, The account is restored and all is well...till next time. The main issue I have noticed is that my ability to send email goes away and my outbox begins to fill up. I'm sure there are other consequences.

I have changed the password, deleted and reinstalled Yahoo through the Settings page several times.

I'm not sure if the same issue exists on the app, but I stopped using it anyway.

Yahoo! has not responded to my emails.

Thanks.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From your explanation, I assume you are using the native mail app for iOS. What do you mean by the older version?

What you could start with is a hard reset of the iPad, to do which you need to press and hold the home and power button simultaneously for 10-20 seconds until Apple logo appears. You will not loose any data.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure which version of Yahoo Mail you use at the moment. Mine looks like this:
image.jpg

It's up to date, and I don't experience the problems you have. In the app's settings, you can find the possibility to reset it, if something goes wrong. It's also possbile to reset it in Settings - Yahoo Mail:
image.jpg

Do you have this option, and if so: did you do it, instead of entering your password or deleting and reinstalling the account? Afaik you'll have to sign in afterwards, and it'll take some time until everything is in place again. Maybe it'll help.

OP
stevewaclo

stevewaclo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, folks!

Here's a screen-shot of the version of Yahoo! I'm using.

image.jpg

And my "mail" page ("resident" ?):

image.jpg

I suspect I should reload the app, learn to live with it and also discover the reset option. I keep hanging on to old, comfortable software (my desktop still runs DOS. Just kidding. XP :( ).

Thanks again!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You use the built in Mail app, which comes with the iPad and can't be deleted. Try abababababab's suggestion first. If this doesn't help, make sure you're connected to the internet: access a random website in Safari on your iPad.
Then reset your router. This means turn it off, unplug it, wait for a few minutes, plug it in and turn it on again.
Another idea: when you set up the account in Settings, did you use the Yahoo! option:
image.jpg

Last possibility:
Access the account through Safari, make sure the password you enter is correct.

Most reactions

Latest posts