What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to send or receive emails

Sunni14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband recently bought an iPhone 5s and I did the iOs 7.1 upgrade for him. I had not done it on my iPad because I didn't have enough space. Now I receive an error message that my username or password is incorrect and I cannot receive or send mail. Can someone help me?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My husband recently bought an iPhone 5s and I did the iOs 7.1 upgrade for him. I had not done it on my iPad because I didn't have enough space. Now I receive an error message that my username or password is incorrect and I cannot receive or send mail. Can someone help me?

Hi Sunni.. - you might need to provide some more information: 1) Did the iOS 7.1 upgrade on the iPhone seen to go well - any issues?; 2) Do you use the same email account or different ones?; 3) Do you use the same email service, e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, etc.?; and 4) On your iPad, what iOS is installed and what email account are you using? Now I'm assuming that you mean the problem is w/ your email account on the iPad? I'll stop there to let you explain further - Dave :)

OP
Sunni14

Sunni14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Sunni.. - you might need to provide some more information: 1) Did the iOS 7.1 upgrade on the iPhone seen to go well - any issues?; 2) Do you use the same email account or different ones?; 3) Do you use the same email service, e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, etc.?; and 4) On your iPad, what iOS is installed and what email account are you using? Now I'm assuming that you mean the problem is w/ your email account on the iPad? I'll stop there to let you explain further - Dave :)

Hi Dave,
The upgrade went fine on his phone. Yes we use the same email address which is Roadrunner. I have no problem creating an account for him. He is slowly making his way into the 21st Century. My iPod has 6.1.3 and I'm using the email address (Mod edit: No email addresses allowed in posts. This is to protect you from spam). Yes, the problem is with my iPad. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited by a moderator:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

The first thing to try when problems with emails occur, would be to delete the account and reinstall it. That solves most of these issues.

OP
Sunni14

Sunni14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

The first thing to try when problems with emails occur, would be to delete the account and reinstall it. That solves most of these issues.

I did but it didn't really delete. I could still find it after deletion on the home page, giving the same message. I tried resetting to no avail.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I did but it didn't really delete. I could still find it after deletion on the home page, giving the same message. I tried resetting to no avail.

Hi again - sorry, but a few more questions: 1) On your Road Runner (RR) account, do you both use the same name before the @xxxx.rr.com (xxxx would be your locale; mine is 'triad'); and 2) How many of your devices (computers, iDevices, etc) are setup to use this address - may help to sort out the issues.

RR typically uses a POP account for incoming mail (vs. IMAP) which will usually remove the messages from their server once downloaded to one of your devices - please check iOS Mail Support which provides a lot of mail question choices, including using a POP account on multiple devices. I'll stop there and we'll await your answers - this should be easy to fix. Dave :)

P.S. concerning 'Reset', did you hold both the Sleep & Home buttons at the same time for 10+ seconds until the Apple logo appeared - on release the iPad will do a 'hard reboot' - might try again but not sure that the maneuver will help (won't hurt either)?

OP
Sunni14

Sunni14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again - sorry, but a few more questions: 1) On your Road Runner (RR) account, do you both use the same name before the @xxxx.rr.com (xxxx would be your locale; mine is 'triad'); and 2) How many of your devices (computers, iDevices, etc) are setup to use this address - may help to sort out the issues. RR typically uses a POP account for incoming mail (vs. IMAP) which will usually remove the messages from their server once downloaded to one of your devices - please check iOS Mail Support which provides a lot of mail question choices, including using a POP account on multiple devices. I'll stop there and we'll await your answers - this should be easy to fix. Dave :) P.S. concerning 'Reset', did you hold both the Sleep & Home buttons at the same time for 10+ seconds until the Apple logo appeared - on release the iPad will do a 'hard reboot' - might try again but not sure that the maneuver will help (won't hurt either)?

I had to call Apple support and Time Warner to resolve the problem. Thank you though.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had to call Apple support and Time Warner to resolve the problem. Thank you though.

If not too difficult an explanation, please provide a brief description of how your problem was resolved - others may come across this thread w/ a similar issue and response might be of help to them. Thanks - Dave :)

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If not too difficult an explanation, please provide a brief description of how your problem was resolved - others may come across this thread w/ a similar issue and response might be of help to them. Thanks - Dave :)

X2 on this please :)

Most reactions

Latest posts