What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very Weird Problem...please help

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is my problem..a couple days ago I found a how-to for enabling a "time since last full charge" meter on the ipad like is in iphone..Ifollowed the instructions to the letter for editing the .plist file and the hack didnt work but when I rebooted and it went back to the lock screen, you can see the problem in the first photo below..my lock slider is all the way across the screen. In the second photo is my homescreen and all my bottom dock icons are smashed together. In the third photo is when i start iFile it seems to start in iPhone mode then it reorients itself. Another symptom is that the keyboard doesnt really work when it is like this and also, when I move the rotation lock switch (I'm on 3.2.2 and untethered jailbreak) is comes up as a mute switch apparently. ( bell and bell with line through) Here is what is really weird about it...I finally managed to get the .plist back to its original state..rebooted and it still did it. Then I bit the bullet and did a restore in iTunes. It is still doing it! A simple respring fixes the problem, and it only happens when I reboot, but does anyone have any idea what is causing it and how to fix it? It never ever did this before I edited that file and I havent installed anything else that should cause it to do that...especially after a restore. Any insight on this problem is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 362
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 371
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 313

Most reactions

Latest posts