What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Did something really dumb

ahovis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made a mistake when editing a .plist in my ipad system. Now I can not boot and really do not want to go through the jailbreak and reinstall again. I have been able to get to the system using Total Commander and can see the problem file. The problem is that I can not edit it or replace it. It seem as if the ipad files are locked and can not be over written. Anyone have any idea how to fix this. I am so close if only I could copy the corrected .plist I would be in business.

OP
A

ahovis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it fixed. Was a permission problem with the plist. I was able to connect using iPhone Browser software and copied the file out of the iPad, modified it, and then was able to copy it back into the system. It all rebooted and was fine! What a relief.

Most reactions