What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using a 3G service exclusively for iphone4 for ipad2 (INDIA)

tsf31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone !

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. Walking around this forum a little, I feel I should have been here earlier.

Here, in Chennai, aircel has a plan exclusively for iphone4. 1.5 GB of data usage(3G) for the first three months and then onwards 500MB for 297Rs. Its a great deal for the first 3 months. What I want to know is, if I get this service activated in an iphone4, can I use the same sim in my ipad? If this is not possible in the normal case, is there a workaround?

Secondly, in general case, how to use 3G for ipad2 ? Would the seem need to be configured first by inserting in a mobile?

Hope someone helps..

:)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is my understanding that no carrier will allow you to use an iPhone SIM (and thus its data plan) in the iPad. The two data plans are separate entities. To use the 3G with the iPad, you've got to contact a carrier that has a plan for the iPad.

Unfortunately, living in the USA, I don't know which carriers you can contact about a data plan for the iPad. Hopefully, someone living in India will see this and chime in to help.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts