What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated to 5.1.1 ok but iPad3 died

CiderPhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my iPad 3 last night to 5.1.1 via a PC connection. All seemed ok and the aps were working. Closed the cover and the device died. Would not switch on again from the cover opening or the main on/off switch. I have managed to get it back on by using the hard reset (Home and Main switches pressed for more than 10 seconds). Seems to be ok now but is this behaviour normal?
iPad 3 32Gb LTE model.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It appears that your iPad3 didn't "die", it just turned itself off after the update. In fact, it was probably resetting or restarting itself when you thought it was off - you just hastened the process. After any install of system software, the iPad needs to reboot...

If nothing more happens that seems weird, the I'd say it was a one-off action and you're good to go.

Marilyn

OP
C

CiderPhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response Marilyn, I'll come back if I have any more problems.
Cheers, Phil

Most reactions

Latest posts