What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEED HELP: iPad3(CDMA) Stuck on Apple Logo AND Unable to Re-Restore 5.1.1 to 5.1.1

finnyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I NEED HELP: iPad3(Verizon,CDMA, Model:iPad3,2 [MC756LL/A]) Unable to Restore 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 using redsn0w v0.9.15b3 even with SHSH w/ AP TICKETS. Can't BOOT past Apple logo (NOTE: I am able to FULLY access all the root files via iFunbox or SSH.)
Can't boot into SAFE MODE by holding up on the volume while booting.

Hello to all. I would appreciate any insight or assistance you may be able to offer.

WHAT I HAVE:
1) iPad3(Verizon,CDMA, Model:iPad3,2 [MC756LL/A]) iOS 5.1.1 (never upgraded past iOS 5.1.1 and never using OTA)
2) iPad3,2 remote blobs: saved SHSH w/ AP TICKETS: 5.1.1, 5.1, [and SAVED BUT NEVER USED: 6.1.3, 6.1.2, 6.1, 6.0b4, 6.0b3, 6.0b2, 6.0b1, 6.0_10A5376e, 6.0.1, 6.0]

PROBLEMS:
1) iPad3 STUCK on Apple logo. NOTE: Even though it appears to hang on the Apple screen, I am still able to access the root directory and all the file & folders via iFunBox.
2) I am NOT able to boot into SAFE MODE by holding UP on the volume button while it's booting.
3) Manual restore using iTunes, 5.1.1.ipsw & spoofing HOSTS file to get Authorization from Cydia ends in 1600 ERRROR.
4) Manual restore using redsn0w v0.9.15b3 to attempt manual 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 restore with SHSH w/ AP Ticket 5.1.1 "Re-restore failed. You might have guessed the current FW incorrectly, and it may not really be iPad3,2_5.1.1-9B206." 5-18-2013 11-49-45 PM.png
I did not guess incorrectly and it is iPad3,2_5.1.1-9B206

WHAT WORKS:
1) iTunes & iFunbox still connect & can fully sync.
2) TinyUmbrella, RedsnOw, iF0recast v1.4.2 all still seem to connect perfectly and recognize the device perfectly.
3) I can still access root level files & folders.

Additional background. Problem started after I tried to uninstall Siriport.ru which used to make Siri work perfectly, but hasn't worked since the authors stopped supporting it months ago. As a matter of general housecleaning, I thought it would be beneficial to uninstall. Since then, I have not been able to boot past the Apple logo.

Additional info:​
(Info from f0recast in case helpful)​
SHSH Blobs on Cydia: 5.1.1 (9B206)​
Jailbreakable? Yes​
Untethered? Yes​
iPad 3 [CDMA] - 5.1.1 (9B206) ConnectedBaseband: 1.0.11

Again, I appreciate any and all assistance with resolving this matter.

Respectfully,

FinnyD

OP
F

finnyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also I am not able to rejailbreak with Absinthe because it says I have the passcode enabled, but I know of no way to turn it off when I remain unable to boot to the springboard.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I know of no way to restore iOS 5.1.1 back onto that iPad if the re-restore function didn't work. That is the only way you can put any other iOS onto an iPad3 other than the current one signed by Apple.

I'm assuming you used the re-restore process as outlined here: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=92572

If that doesn't work, I'm afraid your only option is to restore to iOS 6.1.3 and then hope a jail break is found [quickly] for iOS 7.

Marilyn

OP
F

finnyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I was afraid of that. There may still be another way, but I would need to know if there is a way for me to do one of the following:
a) Turn off the ipad passcode without being able to boot into the springboard. (Perhaps editing, adding or removing a root level file?)
b) Or disable in Absinthe the passcode check which prevents the tool from running if it detects a passcode is in use on the device.
c) And finally, trying to back track to what caused the current state, it was when I uninstalled Siriport.ru. Perhaps I could manually replace a file that was removed during the install that the iPad still needs?

Beyond those options, I fear I may have to lose the jailbreak which ultimately is more valuable to me than the ipad itself. So far, I've just been not using the iPad, hoping a new or updated tool might come to the rescue. It just makes no sense that the
SHSH w/ AP TICKETS that I have failed.

Thanks for any help. I am open even to long shot suggestions. I'm desperate at this point. Much appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts