What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Untethered Jailbreak for IOS 4.3.1

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question: With the 4.3.1 jailbreak untethered, when I go to upgrade my IOS and RE JAILBREAK (CAUSE) currently Im running 4.2.1 untethered will I have everything restored to new and will I lose my cydia sources? BTW my SHSH blobs are saved though "make my life easier" on cydia.

Thanks,
Steve~

Dolfanpete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an installation web page for dummies? I need one. What do I need to do? I want this jail broke!!!,!

Mias13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As of yet I have not had a problem with the jailbreak. I'm liking the little tweaks that I have done so far.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mias13 said:
As of yet I have not had a problem with the jailbreak. I'm liking the little tweaks that I have done so far.

Good to hear....glad to free another one from the clutches of the evil sith overlord...
;-)

Mplough

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FINALLY!!! I was running 4.3 tethered which wasn't 'that' big of a deal except when trying to figure which theme and font I wanted to use. Took 5 minutes, works like a charm and seems to have a bit more speed (less delay). Happy!

While

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sati747 said:
Can anyone confirm that iBluever is working properly with 4.3.1 jbreak, This is my major concern upgrading to 4.3.1. Thanks much in advance!

Sati

It' s working

Sent from my Blackberry...nah...just kidding

iPadGeek28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Redsn0w Video Problems

If anyone can help me with this it would be a huge help, because I can't find anything about it online. I upgraded to 4.3.1 and a few weeks later the Redsn0w JB came out, which I did yesterday. It seemed to work fine until I tried to any sort of online video and none of them would work? YouTube kicked me out all together when I started it. SkySports and Daily Motion would give me audio but not video. Anyone have any clue how to fiox this?

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPadGeek28 said:
If anyone can help me with this it would be a huge help, because I can't find anything about it online. I upgraded to 4.3.1 and a few weeks later the Redsn0w JB came out, which I did yesterday. It seemed to work fine until I tried to any sort of online video and none of them would work? YouTube kicked me out all together when I started it. SkySports and Daily Motion would give me audio but not video. Anyone have any clue how to fiox this?

Thanks

haven't come across this, but there is nothing in the jailbreak itself which would mess with video codecs. Can you list any Cydia apps you have installed too? That might give me a pointer...
Disabling mobile substrate plugins one by one can sometimes easily identify rogue apps if you have sbsettings installed.
Failing that, a restore and re-jailbreak resolves most problems as a last resort.
Let us know and we'll see if we can help.

iPadGeek28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the swift response. I downloaded TVOut 2, FullForce, GrooveShark and a few I can't remember. If that's no help, I'll reJB and try the apps one by one and reposed the rougue app. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

iPadGeek28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
haven't come across this, but there is nothing in the jailbreak itself which would mess with video codecs. Can you list any Cydia apps you have installed too? That might give me a pointer...
Disabling mobile substrate plugins one by one can sometimes easily identify rogue apps if you have sbsettings installed.
Failing that, a restore and re-jailbreak resolves most problems as a last resort.
Let us know and we'll see if we can help.

Not sure if I replied back last time. Let me reJB it and by process of elimination, I'll find the app that's causing it and post it up.

Cheers.

iPadGeek28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPadGeek28 said:
Not sure if I replied back last time. Let me reJB it and by process of elimination, I'll find the app that's causing it and post it up.

Cheers.

Ok, it seems the TVOut2 is what's causing video not to play. Anyone got any ideas?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was going to let ya know about not mentioning piracy apps but f4t80y already took care of that I see.
:)
When you open sbssettings is TVout2 turned on or off?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts