What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Untether for 4.3.2 - OUT NOW! (not iPad2)

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm gonna wait and keep my 4.3.1 for a while. I have SHSH for both 4.3.1 and 4.3.2, so there is no train to catch for me. Plus I'm tired of jbreaking. I just wanna load my iPad with 64 gigs of stuff and use it.

J.O.D.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Upgrade done

During one hour after midnight I have succesfully upgraded from 4.3.1 to 4.3.2 and JB. Everything seems to work (even the 3G, yipeee!). The redsnow's timing procedure even worked on my very first attempt:)

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
J.O.D. said:
During one hour after midnight I have succesfully upgraded from 4.3.1 to 4.3.2 and JB. Everything seems to work (even the 3G, yipeee!). The redsnow's timing procedure even worked on my very first attempt:)

Good job. Enjoy your jailbreak!

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
OK Guys, here you go. I assume you both want to restore your apps & settings once you are done? iPad apps & settings are no problem. Do a full sync in iTunes before you start and it will backup everything. We will restore this backup at the very end.

IF you also want to backup your Cydia apps and settings, it's a bit more complex. I recommend you look into a program called PkgBackup on Cydia. It saves a list of your JB apps, settings, repos etc. Then, once you jailbreak the new firmware, you install PkgBackup first and allow it to then restore everything else for you from Cydia. It uses Dropbox as the storage for the backup (which is free and easy).

If you are going to use redsn0w for 4.3.2 you need to put your iPad into DFU mode and do a clean stock 4.3.2 install using iTunes. Once it is finished you then run redsn0w over the top of it and it will be jailbroken. Then you can connect it to iTunes and when asked if you want to set up as new or restore from backup, you want to restore from backup and select the one you did just before you started...

If you are going to use sn0wbreeze, it is similar, but sn0wbreeze does the restore of the whole jailbroken firmware for you. You don't have to install stock 4.3.2 in iTunes first.
Then the process is just the same, plug it in and choose to restore from backup.

Finally, if you have gone the PkgBackup route, you want to re-install that first from Cydia then use it's restore features to put all your JB apps back on...

Hopefully that's good enough for you both.

Thanks for the walkthrough. I just JB my iPhone 4 and iPad a a couple weeks ago without a hitch, but needed more info on what to do with each subsequent JB. You've clarified some things for me.

Off to get this ball rolling...

adammsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
one small question? why must it be in DFU before upgrading it to 4.3.2 via itunes?

oh, i have ipad1 32 gb, redsn0w jb'd

jbcheshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Success!!!! Got my iPad 1 32gb jailbroken yesterday!!
Have blue-tooth stack loaded and i can now use a mouse with my iPad!! Now i just need to get a stylus so i can start writing my meeting notes!!!

Awesome walk-through! Thanks again!

ToToAntonio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
UPDATE - redsn0w untethered for 4.3.2 has been released at the dev-team blog - Dev-Team Blog

UPDATE 2 - sn0wbreeze 2.6 has been released to jailbreak 4.3.2 untethered as well - available from http://ih8sn0w.com/

-----

Looks like the twitterverse is alive with chat about i0n1c's completion of the untether patches for 4.3.2 tonight.
This means the dev-team will be able to release pwnage and redsn0w updates for untethered jailbreaking goodness on 4.3.2 without too much additional effort, hopefully within the next few days although there is no confirmed timescale.

i0n1c has also taken the step of releasing the untether code to the public, so if you are an advanced user and fancy applying the untether over an already tethered 4.3.2 device, go ahead and download it from here - http://antid0te.com/untether_4.3.2.zip

No news for the iPad2, although at least with this out of the way, everyone can concentrate on the iPad2 again!

I just updated to 4.3.2 and JB it using redsnow. Its worth the hassle. I guess my ipad runs faster. No issues yet.

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I just thought I just report that I to have updated my iPad 1 to 4.3.2 and Jb it using redsnow. Everything went smoothly and sync ing with itunes was not a problem where I read it was reported, I have given it a full hard work out over the last 24hrs, and I have had not one error. Battery life has NOT suffered nor is running hot.

J.O.D.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I have stated before, after redsnow jailbreak to 4.3.2 everything works. Well, everything but Cydia:-( I can list the apps, search for them etc., but if an app is commercial package (as 3G Unrestrictor or iFile), there is no Purchase button, only an Install one. As for 3G Unrestrictor, there even is no price listed. The result is, installation always fails, as the app is not bought. But I can't buy it! Can anyone plese give me an advice? Thanks in advance.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
J.O.D. said:
As I have stated before, after redsnow jailbreak to 4.3.2 everything works. Well, everything but Cydia:-( I can list the apps, search for them etc., but if an app is commercial package (as 3G Unrestrictor or iFile), there is no Purchase button, only an Install one. As for 3G Unrestrictor, there even is no price listed. The result is, installation always fails, as the app is not bought. But I can't buy it! Can anyone plese give me an advice? Thanks in advance.

Ive posted a thread on this. It's because Amazon EC2 is down. No ETA to resolve.

J.O.D.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Ive posted a thread on this. It's because Amazon EC2 is down. No ETA to resolve.

Oh, I see. Thank you for the info. As it happened after the JB, I have missinterpreted the whole thing. However unlucky is the malfunction of Amazon's server, waiting is better than having to reinstall iOS and rejailbreaking.

Most reactions

Latest posts