What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to identify the brand of my ipad 2 keyboard case, and why it's not detected

r.shayto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear sirs,
This is my first post here so i hope im in the right place :D. To start off, I just received my ipad 2 keyboard case about an hour ago from overseas ( USA) and right off the bat i am facing some trouble
1: the package does not say what brand the case is! And neither does the case itself
2: after beginning to charge the keyboard, and while it is still plugged, i tried checking if i can pair it on the spot with the ipad 2 and unfortunately...the bluetooth search icon just spins and spins... . Note that i do not have another appliance which is paired to the keyboard, the ipad is the first electronic device exposed to it ( as far as i know atleast)
I have taken some snapshots of the package, the case, and unique features than can help any of u possibly identifying the brand of the keyboard seeing as u guys r experienced..my online search got me nowhere.

I am sending this to let u know the nature of my problem, and if no one minds, i will try to upload the photos ( someone plz let me know how) as soon as i get a reply that it is ok.
Thanks!

OP
R

r.shayto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have managed to find out where the on off button is...without a manual in the package that prooved to be difficult. Anyway, i am writing this from the keytboard so...thanks anyway!
Cheers
Rani

OP
R

r.shayto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hehe i meant the manual for the keyboard case itself, there were some hidden buttons which i finally figured out, and some other minor stuff aswell...but its all fixed now! Thanks for the time :)

One curious question though: since the keyboard is manualless and i cnt tell what brand it is...would u possibly know wether the PLASTIC (not rubber) keys on the keyboard case are "pullable/budgeable" like a normal pc's keyboard when u want to clean wats underneath them? Or r they glued or attached in some other way?
Thanks ;D

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, your questions are not easy to answer w/o knowing exactly what brand keyboard you own? Sorry - :(

I have the Apple BT keyboard - the box & the back of the keyboard indicate an Apple product; their KB also runs on 2 AA batteries and does not come w/ a charger, so I suspect that your keyboard is not an Apple product - you might want to provide a link from where you purchased the product or even post a picture?

Concerning cleaning under the keys, I'd be quite careful in trying not to spill liquids on the KB - again w/o knowing the brand, not having a manual, or a way to contact the maker of this device, one can only guess? Good luck - and if it is working and pairing w/ your iPad, then that's a great start! :thumbs:

OP
R

r.shayto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hehe unfortunately where im from there aren't lots of similar products in the market, thats why i had it delivered with someone from overseas, and they have no clue what the company is. Ur correct about it not being an apple product, perhaps il post some pics n someone can identify it. Just wanna say that this website and u guys r so helpful and well...nice! Dont get that alot over here...post purchase sport is crap ( if amyones wondering im from Lebanon :) )
Sorry for the tough questions :p
Cheers

happyipaduser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like my Keyboard

Try this video demo of the keyboard I'm using. I really like this one.
you tube - Jism Comfypad:thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts