What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to connect to wifi

eli47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i am trying to download an app that is a part of my daughter's Christmas present. I have to drive into town to get a wifi connection. I know of several places where their wifi is not locked and have used them in the past. However, when i try now, the blue box pops up that says "Unable to connect to wifi". Help! Thanks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Eli-just so I am clear, you do not have Internet at all? How did you get your iPad started out of the box without iTunes? If you did it on your pc, you can download the app from iTunes store to iTunes, than connect the iPad to the PC with the USB cord to transfer the app.

Just a thought.

OP
E

eli47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, i have internet. And i have itunes. I saw that it said i could download it thru itunes but i dont know how to do that, either! I did try to search the name of the app thru itunes but nothing was found. Inthought it would only search music, movies, etc?
Can u help? And talk me thru like im a first grader, lol. Thanks so much for any help.

kaminiemahadeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Eli-just so I am clear, you do not have Internet at all? How did you get your iPad started out of the box without iTunes? If you did it on your pc, you can download the app from iTunes store to iTunes, than connect the iPad to the PC with the USB cord to transfer the app.

Just a thought.

I got iTunes on my iPad but I only have three features; podcasts, iTunes u and downloads....I don't have the option of music and the other features? I can't download music, it just says cannot connect to the iTunes store. Can u help me?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First, when you are on iTunes-make sure you are in the AppStore section. The homepage of the iTunes store is a bit busy-so be sure to find the apps section. Once there, you can do a search-hopefully you will find it than.

Second-connect your iPad. I am assuming that you have done this part already upon the installation.

Once the app is found you can purchase it. It will ask for your iTunes account and password. Your app should than load.

Press your iPad device icon on the left side of the page. Go to the app section. You should be able to see the app you purchased. Make sure you check that app and than press "apply."

Go back to "summary" tab-press "sync" on bottom right corner. Your iPad should than begin to sync.

Once completed-make sure you eject the iPad, by pressing the triangular button with a line underneath. It will be found next to your iPad device icon.

I hope this helps. I cannot remember all of this by memory. Give it a try and let us know if it worked. Perhaps others will come in and help. ....or you can wait tomorrow and try at a wireless site again.

What is the app?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got iTunes on my iPad but I only have three features; podcasts, iTunes u and downloads....I don't have the option of music and the other features? I can't download music, it just says cannot connect to the iTunes store. Can u help me?

You should have much more than 3 options that you mentioned. You should have on the bottom of the screen things like podcast, iTunes university,downloads, etc.

Do you not have this? Are you trying to buy an app-like a game or book? Than you need to go to the AppStore app for that.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Do you have Internet connection when you are accessing the iTunes app? You need to have a wireless connection to do so.

kaminiemahadeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
You should have much more than 3 options that you mentioned. You should have on the bottom of the screen things like podcast, iTunes university,downloads, etc.

Do you not have this? Are you trying to buy an app-like a game or book? Than you need to go to the AppStore app for that.

No I don't have those features....I'm not trying to download anything, just music...why don't I have any of those other features?

kaminiemahadeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Do you have Internet connection when you are accessing the iTunes app? You need to have a wireless connection to do so.

I do have wireless access...everything else works, it's just that. My cousin has one and he has all the features u mentioned, I just dont understand why I don't have them....even when I open my music player, and try to connect to the store from there, it does not work.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What country are you from? Some countries restrict certain apps etc.

I do not know why you don't have the music selection. Mine is located on the bottom of the screen in a long black bar:music, movies, podcasts, downloads, etc.

kaminiemahadeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
What country are you from? Some countries restrict certain apps etc.

I do not know why you don't have the music selection. Mine is located on the bottom of the screen in a long black bar:music, movies, podcasts, downloads, etc.

I know it's supposed to be situated there. I am from Trinidad and Tobago... My cousin is from here n he's got all the features listed so maybe the area doesn't have anything to do with it. I'm clueless as how to fix this?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope some other members will join in that are more experienced in this matter. Be patient, there ought to be something that we are missing here. Have you tried to restart you iPad?

kaminiemahadeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I hope some other members will join in that are more experienced in this matter. Be patient, there ought to be something that we are missing here. Have you tried to restart you iPad?

I was just going to ask you if I should restart it???? Let me try n I will let you know. Thnx

Most reactions

Latest posts