What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problems with my wifi

kofjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys, i just bought my ipad 2 16gb wifi today but its having some problems with connecting to my Verzion DSL wifi. its always saying "unable to connect to network" although connectivity is full. every time i click on it and its keep saying "unable to connect to network" :mad: and then i tried with my ipod touch 4g and it connects easily. i can connect to other wifis too easily but just not my verzion DSL wifi ~

any suggestions whats the problem would be?

thank you ~~

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I noted your problem with connecting to your Verizon DSL WiFi. Is that WiFi encrypted? When you go to 'Settings', and look at the WiFi tab, can you 'see' the Verizon WiFi network there? Does it have the lock symbol that shows it needs an encryption key?

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

OP
K

kofjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks alot for your suggestion, I am really appreciated ur help. I fixed the problem after replacing my old westell modern to westell 7500 and it works.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great to hear. Thanks for letting us know.

Enjoy your iPad and have a great day.

Tim
Scotland

Trky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your wifi encrypted? If it is, what type? I had to change my wifi from wpa/psk to wep because it just wouldn't work with my ipad. I kept getting disconnected and having issues streaming anything. It worked on my Droid X but not on my iphone or ipad. Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts