Ipad 2 is unable to join network while other media can

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by razaliu, Nov 23, 2012.

1. razaliu

razaliu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I need help; my ipad2 is unable to join network at home wifi while others like laptop and handphone can. I have done so many things to the extend buy a new wifi router but still fail.
    Ironically, the ipad can connect to other wifi else where like at office, starbucks and etc.
    Does anyone has idea to solve this problem?

2. The OB

The OB
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It does not seem that it is, or has been, a router problem. Try this for a solution, and apologies if you have already tried:
    Tap Settings>General>WiFi and then tap the blue arrow next to your Internet providers account. Then tap "Forget this Network".
    Then go back to WiFi and re-enter your ISP's Internet login info just like you did when you first set up your Internet account.
    If no go come back, there are other options. If OK let us know anyway, as others may learn from your experience.
    Regards, Andrew

3. razaliu

razaliu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Andrew,
    Thanks for the reply..but under Setting>General no "WiFi options. I have on Reset that can be used to erase all configured network. If this the same thing that you're suggesting. I have done this many times but the result the same. I have just recently tried to change the network name as suggested by someone. But still no success.

To make thing worst, my new Apple Tv also cannot connected. again, my laptop and hp are able to do so..really hope somebody can help.

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You could also try resetting your network settings. To do so, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

5. The OB

The OB
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No, I have given you a bum steer in what I said and I apologise. It is not Settings>General but Settings>WiFi, and then tap the ">" symbol next to your Internet account, and then "Forget this Network" and then re-enter your ISPs log-in info as I mentioned before. Do give this a try and come back with the result. I still do not think it is a modem/router problem, but at least try this before you get onto other actions. The suggestion by scifan above is also an action that has worked before.
    Regards, Andrew

#5 The OB, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  6. jch_nj

jch_nj
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    This sounds like a problem I just fixed today. Have your laptop and phone been able to connect previously, but your new ipod can't? I went through my router settings and discovered MAC filtering was enabled. Disabling it allowed me access. Try doing that. You can turn it back on once the new MAC address is known by the router.

If you don't know what to do, on your browser type 192.168.1.1, enter the admin name and p/w. Go through the options until you find MAC filtering. Disable it and save. Hopefully that will solve your problem.

7. Ipadusernow

Ipadusernow
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    This solved my problem. Been messing around for hours, turned off Mac filtering and bam fixed. Thank you

8. Maggie May

Maggie May
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have the same problem with my iPad 2 – it will not connect to my Thomson TG782T router/modem. I went to 192.168.1.1, "server was not responding") then went to 192.168.1.254 but couldn't find anything in relation to settings or Mac filtering. My Samsung mobile connected first go but iPad simply says "Unable to join the network". Am I being as thick as a brick? Can you tell me where to find the settings.
    Many thanks,Maggie May

9. The OB

The OB
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi Maggie May and welcome to the forum from a fellow Aussie. First, just try this and see how you go. Disconnect your router/modem for a minute then reconnect again. Restart your iPad. If that has not helped come back, there may be other solutions.
    Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Maggie May

Maggie May
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for replying. Unfortunately I am still getting the same reply from the iPad "unable to join the network". I would greatly appreciate any other suggestions you may have.

Cheers,Maggie May