What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate List of Jailbreak Tweaks

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
88raymond said:
hi, marilyn! thank you for being very helpful to us newbies.

i was disappointed because it didn't work for me... facetime was the first app that it claimed to work with 3g only...

you're right, the list is mine :) i chose which apps i wanted to be 3g unrestricted

p.s. i inserted the screenshot for 3g unrestrictor there must be a tweak that's incorporated in photo albums that can enable me to crop and change orientations. my neck is now bent sideways, lol!

Unfortunately, and you only get this knowledge having been around the scene for a while so it's not your fault, that comment applies to the original FaceTime on the iPhone4. Apple changed the way it works on the iPad quite considerably, and 3GU does not work it's magic on it (yet) :(

PS - For cropping and rotating try Photoshop for iPad.

verbalj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even though I've been jailbroken on the iPhone for quite some time, this list came in very handy for my two-month old iPad 2.

Thanks! Sadly, I think most of what I consider to be necessary tweaks are already here.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm actually using safari more and more with the upload/download ability now in conjunction with tabs+ that let's you open pages in the background. Is there a tweak to give safari tabs similar to icab and atomic? Or did I completely miss it on the list?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm actually using safari more and more with the upload/download ability now in conjunction with tabs+ that let's you open pages in the background. Is there a tweak to give safari tabs similar to icab and atomic? Or did I completely miss it on the list?

Don't know of any tweak to show tabs for Safari, but I'm a long time iCab user :D

But of course Safari gets full tab support in IOS5 next month, and it is pretty good, so we may never see a 4.x tweak unless someone really wants to put the effort in!

Tab+ is cool. I'll add that to the list now. Cheers.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone give me info on iconoclasm......how do I get more icons on the screen than 5x5. I've seen people talk about 6x6 and the iconoclasm info speaks of unlimited numbers....but I can't find out how!?

once you get iconoclasm, search on cydia again for iconoclasm, and you will see add-ons for iconoclasm, known as layouts, all free, choose whatever you want, try the 7x7 or 7x6. When installed, go to settings iconoclasm and select it(7x7), apply and respring should be shown in the settings app, do that and then add more icons to your pages after.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even easier is that if you go to the Sections tab in Cydia and scroll down to "Addons", there'll be a whole section for Iconoclasm layouts. Easier...

Marilyn

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would like to add or atleast give an honorable mention for vWallpaper2 beta for ios4/arm7....allows for interactive widgets and handles them much better than pagerperhtml+ without having to respring. Allows for even osx dashboard widgets to be used. You can also use webviews on specific pages of your choosing.
Also this tweak does play nicely with that other tweak, barrel where pph didn't.

Last edited:

linds_15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maybe i missed it but is there not a tweak yet that allows you to airplay any app like ios5 will. not just music and video. ive read about airplayvideo enabler but couldnt find anywhere if it works on anything in i0S or just specific apps

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Would like to add or atleast give an honorable mention for vWallpaper2 beta for ios4/arm7....allows for interactive widgets and handles them much better than pagerperhtml+ without having to respring. Allows for even osx dashboard widgets to be used. You can also use webviews on specific pages of your choosing.
Also this tweak does play nicely with that other tweak, barrel where pph didn't.

Totally agree that it is worthy of praise OUTL4W, and certainly one to keep a close eye on as it progresses through beta. Just not quite there yet in terms of being feature complete for the iPad I think :)

Give it a few more iterations and I'm sure it will make the list. The touch particle effects are awesome ;)

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there some tweak out there that'll stop my kids from deleting random apps, its getting annoying having to download them again and again

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iRager said:
Is there some tweak out there that'll stop my kids from deleting random apps, its getting annoying having to download them again and again

I think springmotize does this "dis-able uninstall" function....I think.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
I think springmotize does this "dis-able uninstall" function....I think.

Will check it out, i think iprotect does it, gonna install the trial now

Most reactions

Latest posts