What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iKeywi HD for iPad - The new 5-Row Keyboard Tweak!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could it be that it's your keyboard? I was able to make my keyboard look like this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346164089.973802.jpg

Im using the English keyboard and I found (and used) the letters in iKeywi. To do, I had to have the shift key activated, and then held down my "A" for the Å and Æ characters, then I had the shift key activated and held my "O" down to get the Ø character:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346164235.494203.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346164256.940471.jpg

These three characters do produce the uppercase letters. If you want the lowercase, but don't want them showing on the main keyboard (cause they look yucky! :)) - then maybe you can put the lowercase ones on the alt keyboard (so it only shows when the shift key is pressed).

So, if this doesn't work with your keyboard, maybe try switching over to the English one to get iKeywi set up the way you wish? Then, I should think you can switch back to your keyboard (and, hopefully, the changes will stay).

Interesting puzzle, but I don't know of any other solution. Except, maybe, an e-mail to the developer...

Marilyn

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, back in the good old days, with Osborne portables (1985) is was simpler, just a small fix in source code ;))

Nowadays, I dont fix I only use, way too complicated

_-----------

I have now hacked a solution I can "live with" until the developer finds the time to release a new version.

Of course, there was hidden characters, shame on me, so now I also have uppercase ÆÅØ

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-2657465389.jpg

I forgot to attach the above file. It gives a sample of common Norwegian AND most important my new Bytafont app .....

Cirano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I have the French Azerty iKeywi and on the numerical keyboard I have a Z in stead of the ", I mean the key downside right, near "#+=" key.
Can I change this?
Thanks for your help.
PS: I want to put a prntscr but I don't know how to insert a picture from my ipad

Last edited:

srkhn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
off topic I' m sorry. Where can I have that status bar with " time - date - ip address - xxMB...".

Thanks...

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I should have read the "In is Version" section. The version I just downloaded doesn't have the arrow keys for iOS 6. :-/ Uninstalling until there's a fix/upgrade to include the cursor keys.

Attachments

• image-2972480449.jpg
    image-2972480449.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 386
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A fix has just been posted to this tweak which addresses the CAPS lock issue on 6.1. :)

Still no cursor key support for IOS 6.x yet though.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, thanks for this update/reminder. It was driving me bonkers to not have caps lock. IMNSHO - it's very necessary. :)

Marilyn

Biaggo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just installed this tweak on my iPad3 today..love it! Makes it so much easier typing longer messages.

Highly recommend it.

Most reactions

Latest posts