What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tweak or Hack to Change Location?

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there currently a way to have a false location reported by the internal gps or location manager? I'm specifically interested in fooling a program that checks my physical location. I have a 3G iPad so it has actual gps.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, if you're jail broke, you can go to Cydia and get a location spoofer tweak. I don't remember the name off-hand...just do a search on the keyword "location."

If you're not jailbroke, then no, there's nothing like that for stock iPads, sorry. AFAIK...

Marilyn

OP
guthrien

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think I found one the first time but I'm back on the hunt. I wouldn't dream of being able to do it stock ;)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, now that I'm on the "big" computer (versus the iPad that'll sign me out of the forum if I switch over to Cydia...) - take a look at the Cydia tweak Location Spoofer ($1.99, USD). I think that's what you'll want...

Marilyn

OP
guthrien

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are right, not sure how I missed that first time around but I thank you! It works perfectly, amazing!

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting...excuse my ignorance but can this somehow be used instead of a vpn service?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting...excuse my ignorance but can this somehow be used instead of a vpn service?

Unlikely since the service you are trying to fool with VPN is looking at your IP address and this tweak spoofs your GPS location. Two different things. In the end though it entirely depends on the way the application you are trying to fool does it's checks. In some scenarios, neither may work.

Most reactions