What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clock setting wrong after jailbreak

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I noticed that my clock was set at the wrong time on my iPad, 4th generation wifi only, after jailbreaking this afternoon. The minutes were correct, but the hours were seemingly on GMT. I checked in Settings -> General -> Date & Time and it was set for automatic. The spinner kept going like it couldn't figure out where it was. I checked maps and my current location is correct, so GPS is working.
To get it set correctly I went for manually and chose the correct time zone, then set the hours. I didn't have this problem on my iPhone.
I installed I've only installed iconoclasm, infinidock and sbsettings. I don't think any of those would have monkeyed with the time.
Any hints as how to get the time to be automatically set again? Perhaps the time servers are being hit extra hard right now?

Edit: and iFile.

Last edited:
OP
Fid

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just remembered more to add. When I did the OTA update I was on a wifi that needed me to use VPN to access the outside world. After the update I was no longer on the VPN. Restarting the iPad ran through set up and I was not able to connect to the Internet so I had to choose "skip." Perhaps this is when I got the clock location messed up.

SoloPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem. It went away after I went online (I go via WiFi through my Android phone hotspot) with Set Automatically on.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Remember, your iPad does not have a GPS, so it determines it's location via the WiFi connection. Using a VPN will potentially cause that to mess up under certain circumstances.

Poor jailbreak, being blamed for your troubles fid ;)

Glad you got it sorted!

OP
Fid

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SoloPilot said:
I had the same problem. It went away after I went online (I go via WiFi through my Android phone hotspot) with Set Automatically on.
Thanks for the reassurance. I'll check it out at a stronger wifi connection.

f4780y said:
Remember, your iPad does not have a GPS, so it determines it's location via the WiFi connection. Using a VPN will potentially cause that to mess up under certain circumstances.

Poor jailbreak, being blamed for your troubles fid ;)

Glad you got it sorted!

Thanks for the reminder about the GPS. My wifi is connected to a dialup connection. Maps knows my location. The clock must use a slower more precise algorithm. :)
I wasn't blaming the jailbreak. I thought it was something I did, or installed. :-D It usually is.
Now that its sorted out, time to pick up the fiddle and rehearse.

OP
Fid

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't think of checking while I was out today. Now that I'm home I checked the automatic clock location setting and it is for the correct time zone. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts