What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and GNS1000 gps Bluetooth receiver

juba6550

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a newbie here so bear with me please.

I have an original iPad and have bought a GNS1000 gps Bluetooth receiver unit. I like walking and cycling and wanted to use the gps unit to get a good signal, I have Viewranger, motionx and Strava. None of these apps work with the gps
receiver when I connect to iPad, they all ask for the location services to be connected, when this is done I can turn off the receiver without any effect to the gps signal received on the iPad. By the way the iPad is a 3G and wifi model, but I use without a sim card.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm confused. Why do you need a bluetooth GPS receiver if you have a 3G iPad? it has a GPS receiver built in....it works even if you don't use a sim card. That's why when you turn off the gps receiver it gps signal still received.

So, you cycle with an iPad???? :)

OP
J

juba6550

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I also have a smartphone I use for cycling with the same apps but that is also another issue but not for here, by the way when you get out in the sticks the iPad gps fails therefore the need of a gps receiver.

Most reactions

Latest posts