1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad and GNS1000 gps Bluetooth receiver

Discussion in 'UK Dedicated iPad Forum' started by juba6550, Feb 18, 2013.

1. juba6550

juba6550 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all,

I'm a newbie here so bear with me please.

I have an original iPad and have bought a GNS1000 gps Bluetooth receiver unit. I like walking and cycling and wanted to use the gps unit to get a good signal, I have Viewranger, motionx and Strava. None of these apps work with the gps
    receiver when I connect to iPad, they all ask for the location services to be connected, when this is done I can turn off the receiver without any effect to the gps signal received on the iPad. By the way the iPad is a 3G and wifi model, but I use without a sim card.
  2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    I'm confused. Why do you need a bluetooth GPS receiver if you have a 3G iPad? it has a GPS receiver built in....it works even if you don't use a sim card. That's why when you turn off the gps receiver it gps signal still received.

So, you cycle with an iPad???? :)
  3. juba6550

juba6550 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No, I also have a smartphone I use for cycling with the same apps but that is also another issue but not for here, by the way when you get out in the sticks the iPad gps fails therefore the need of a gps receiver.