What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn Off "Burst" Mode in Camera?

LTCSZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to turn off the Burst mode in the Camera on the IPad Air 2? I guess I am sort of ham-fingered when it comes to tapping the shutter button, but I seem to always end up with multiple photos...Also, when using a Bluetooth remote shutter gadget, I have ended up with 300 photos...I appreciate the value of the Burst mode, but I don't always need it! Thanks for the assistance...

Steve

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible to turn off the Burst mode in the Camera on the IPad Air 2? I guess I am sort of ham-fingered when it comes to tapping the shutter button, but I seem to always end up with multiple photos...Also, when using a Bluetooth remote shutter gadget, I have ended up with 300 photos...I appreciate the value of the Burst mode, but I don't always need it! Thanks for the assistance...

Steve
I don't believe there's any way to turn off burst mode, at least in a stock iPad. There is a jailbreak tweak to disable the feature.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
scifan is right. No way to turn it off.

If you download the IOS8 manual you will see that to take a single photo tap lightly- and it needs to be very lightly. If you tap AND hold then burst photos will be taken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Besides the shutter button on the screen, you can also take photos using the volume up button. Since it's a mechanical button, it's a lot easier to distinguish between a single click and holding it down for burst photos. Also works for starting/stopping video capture.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just tried the volume up button suggestion and it seems to take two photos each time! Very interesting to know, though.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just tried the volume up button suggestion and it seems to take two photos each time! Very interesting to know, though.

Go to Settings > Photos & Camera and check to see if you have Keep Normal Photo turned on (at the very bottom). This will save two photos whenever HDR mode is active: one HDR and one normal.

In the camera app HDR is normally set to Auto, which would make things unpredictable. In auto mode HDR is most likely to be on in low light conditions with little action/movement in the photos. It's also pretty common for it to turn on for landscapes. How it knows is a mystery. Maybe Siri tells it.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. It was my error as I was checking your suggestion in low level light and I had not noticed that HDR was on. (Easy to do! - well that's my excuse anyway )

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. The auto HDR normally gives such good results that I leave the keep normal photos turned off most of the time.

Most reactions

Latest posts