What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn iPad off or put in sleep mode?

Summer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I just got my iPad2 a couple of days ago and I was wondering if most of you turn off your iPad at the end of the day or just leave it in sleep mode? Thanks for any info.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Summer said:
Hi, I just got my iPad2 a couple of days ago and I was wondering if most of you turn off your iPad at the end of the day or just leave it in sleep mode? Thanks for any info.

Mine just goes to sleep at the end of the day.......just like me.

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Summer said:

I switch mine off.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Since I use Alarm Clock to wake me up in the morning, does it stay in sleep mode.

Good point! I use that app as well, so it must be sleep mode because it has to be left in the app to work.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never turned mine off once, I see absolutely no reason to as it uses no battery whatever in standby.

When I first got it, I charged it and then left in in standby overnight. 12 hours later, the battery read 100% and it's been running ever since.

I never turn off the 6 PC's and 1 MAC in my LAN either.

~John

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine hasn't been shut down since I got it, well maybe once. There's really no need to shut it off, it uses no battery and is ready to go for you in the morning.

Phil562

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sleep mode.....lives on my bed side table, ready for those times in the night I can't sleep and I can also immediately start down loading my news papers in the morning.

fribourg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting .. To be honest I am also very tempted not to turn it off any more and have it ready when wake up right away. So I have noticed when I click the power button once the display turns off, is this the sleep mode ? Haven't found any other way of putting it to sleep but the question now is. If I place it into my sleeve case would there be a cooling problem? Would it be damaged in time. I ask be because it is m first iPad and to. Be honest ive never searched for any info on how these devices cool, do they need any cooling at all ?

Porcupine8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have only turned mine off when there is a serious problem that requires rebooting - which is maybe once or twice in the month and a half I've had it.

I've never had a cooling problem either when using it for several hours at a time in the case, or letting it sit asleep in the case. It hasn't left its case once since I bought the case about 3-4 days after getting the iPad. It never really seems to get warm, even with several hours' straight use.

Most reactions

Latest posts