What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 back camera doesnt work anymore!

mosquito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm kinda new to this forum thing but I need some help
The other day, I was on FaceTime when I tried to switch to the back camera, and it simply refused. Pretty odd, it did its animation flip thing but that was all. After I ended the call and the recent contacts thing popped out, it showed me my lock screen image, instead of something from either of the cameras. I went to the camera, and the shutter thing refused to open completely. I tried opening photo booth, but all it would do was the curtain animation over and over again when I tried to switch to the back camera. All other camera apps just showed a black screen when I tried to access the back camera, and photoshop app simply said 'camera error' when I tried to take a picture with the back camera (when I switched it to the back camera on photoshop, showed a white screen)

I have tried everything, switching off then on (red slider), holding the sleep/wake button + home button for more than 10 seconds multiple times, going to settings then reset all settings, going to settings then reset all content and settings, restoring the whole thing on iTunes, nothing works!

I read somewhere that completely draining the battery fixes it, drained the battery and kept it drained for over 24 hours, plugged it back in and..nothing! Charged it up to 100%, still nothing

I have no idea what to do next, was hoping for some help, before I take it to an apple store which is very very far away

PS its never been jailbroken or any of that

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts