What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I turn off my Apple BT wireless Keyboard?

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Just got my Ipad 2 the other day. I bought the apple BT wireless keyboard model A1314. This is my first apple product so kind of new to all this. It took me awhile to pair the keyboard, but got that done after some googling. Works great! I can't figure out the power button on it. I push it to turn it on and the green led comes on for a few seconds and if my Ipad is in sleep mode, I hit a key and it wakes. Then I hit the power button again, thinking I turned it off, only to realize with my Ipad asleep, if I hit a key again it wakes the Ipad. Am I missing something? It's not on all the time is it? Does it turn itself off after a few minutes? I read something in the setup directions about if you can't pair the keyboard in 3 minutes, it turns off. Is that what happens with no use after a few minutes or do I have to unpair it or turn bluetooth off on the Ipad? Appreciate any help.

OP
af847

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never mind. I figured it out. Just push and hold in the power button for a few seconds til the LED goes out.

Most reactions

Latest posts