What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble with finding a suitable app for very specific job

Paramedic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clearly from my screen name it is clear that I work on ambulance. I have been asked by our service director to either find or build an app that allows us to use the iPads that we have for our reports to complete daily check off forms that are have the ability to be or automatically email to a specific address one completed.

The current form we have is paper an is two pages and we want to convert to digital. We are having issues finding an app or the tool to build an app to do this.

Clearly since we work through a government agency they want It as cheap as possible ... meaning free or we have to build It ourselves.

Any direction in this would be great!. I personaly would prefer to build it but do not have the skills to do so.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Clearly from my screen name it is clear that I work on ambulance. I have been asked by our service director to either find or build an app that allows us to use the iPads that we have for our reports to complete daily check off forms that are have the ability to be or automatically email to a specific address one completed. The current form we have is paper an is two pages and we want to convert to digital. We are having issues finding an app or the tool to build an app to do this. Clearly since we work through a government agency they want It as cheap as possible ... meaning free or we have to build It ourselves. Any direction in this would be great!. I personaly would prefer to build it but do not have the skills to do so.

If you do not have privacy problems using GoogleDocs there is a great app for using created google forms: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/forms/id396855682?mt=8
Otherwise you just check out looking for "forms" in the app store, there are a lot of them...
The pdf- advice given earlier is in my opinion only usefull if you just need to have the (previously) paper forms, not continuing using the data contained; however the pdfs are singable). My google forms solution is just collecting the data into a spreadsheet (no singature possible).
There are some offers requiring paid subscription, which might offer better privacy than google(?)...
If you want some better advice please post a picture of an (empty) form, or send me a private message so we can communicate through email later on...

Most reactions

Latest posts