What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps open & close quickly ?

Nicodemus555

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just yesterday (all Apps opened for one second then closed?! Restarting Apps and reboot of iPad was no help) I have read older threads where this occurred like 2012, but is this STILL not fixed (iOS 8.3) !? -- Answer was to find a WiFi connection and reenter the Apple ID.

So... does this mean if we have no Internet connection (like an overseas flight or remote country) our iPads can become just a paper weight, and completely useless!?

Is there no way to clear this problem otherwise?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've deleted the other post you made on this same topic as duplicate postings can fractures any resulting concmversation, making it hard to follow, as well as being against our rules.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know what caused your issue, but I've never heard of the exact problem before. Next time, if there is a next time, try a reset (instead of a restart). Hold down the Home and Power buttons until the Apple logo appears. This results in a cleaner restart of the system.

You can also try turning on Airplane mode. This should tell the iPad, in no uncertain terms, that the internet is not available, and that there is no point in asking for iCloud or Apple ID's and passwords. It should also stop any attempts and downloading updates or background content. At a guess, this is what the iPad was trying to do, and crashing when it failed.

At any rate, no, your iPad should not become completely useless just because the internet is gone.

Most reactions

Latest posts