What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring Documents for ipad 2

JxL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have several questions.

1) I've been emailing powerpoint/word files to my email to open them on my ipad 2. I've read that you can sync files using itunes but I don't know how to do it. Do I need an app for it? Where will the documents be stored on my ipad?

2) In order to edit documents, I would need to download an app right? Any recommendations?

3) Also, some people have told me that if you buy the camera connection kit, you can use it to plug your usb in and access the files on it. Is that true?

THX!!! :)

nickbevan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Jxl I find that the best way of transferring files from a pc or mac to the iPad 2 for viewing and editing is to do the following

1 go to the following link and register for a dropbox account http://db.tt/V1fAxyn. It's free and you get 2gb of storage once you have created an account you will need to also download the dropbox software to your pc/mac and log in with your account.

Any file can then be stored in the dropbox folder and will be automatically synched to the net (it's safe)

2 download the dropbox app on your iPad and log in with the same account and you will now be able to see the files saved in step 1

3 whilst in the iPad dropbox app you will be ok to view the files but not necessarily edit them

4 to edit you will need either pages or numbers to edit word and excel files, keynote for powerrpoint files or office2hd is a good all rounder

5 once you have the file open in dropbox click on the icon in the top right hand corner and it will ask you which of the apps to open it with (see step 4)

I
Hope this helps ask if you need more help

nick

Most reactions

Latest posts