What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring Documents for ipad 2

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't have Office2 HD, but somewhere in the app (either in the file view or with a document open) you should find the share icon. It usually looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it. You should find the option to email the document there.

JChidester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.reunionwebcoach.com
I was hoping that I could import text files through the USB port on the Camera connection.

I do use Dropbox, so that looks like what I'll be using instead. It has the advantage of not using any of my iPad storage space.

Are there any secrets to being able to access an image or text file in Dropbox and edit it with PhotoShop or Pages?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Using the DropBox app, select the file. When it finishes downloading use the share icon at the top right, and you will see what programs the file can be opened in. Pages will open a .txt file, as well as .doc and it's own format.

Pictures will only show a Save Photo option. These are save in the Saved Pictures album in the Photos app. Programs that can use photos usualy have thier own method to import photos. Almost all of them can do so from the photos stored in the Photos app.

PhotoShop Express opens up and asks you to select a photo. Tap it and you'll be able to select one from the albums in the Photos app.

If you need a photo in Pages you import it into a document using the Media icon (looks like a little picture, framed). Again, you choose from the photos stored in the Photos app.

Most reactions

Latest posts