What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring Documents for ipad 2

JxL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have several questions.

1) I've been emailing powerpoint/word files to my email to open them on my ipad 2. I've read that you can sync files using itunes but I don't know how to do it. Do I need an app for it? Where will the documents be stored on my ipad?

2) In order to edit documents, I would need to download an app right? Any recommendations?

3) Also, some people have told me that if you buy the camera connection kit, you can use it to plug your usb in and access the files on it. Is that true?

THX!!! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
1) To sync files (for apps) to through iTunes you have to connect your iPad to the computer, select it in iTunes, and go to the Apps page. The File Share area is at the bottom. Files will transfer when added or removed from this section without a need to sync. The files moved this way will be in the app they were moved from/to.

2) The most commonly recommended apps are the iWorks suite (Pages, Numbers, Keynote), Documents to Go, and QuickOffice HD. The first offers the most flexibility and ease of use (admittedly an opinion) in creating documents. The second and third offer better compatibly with Office files.

3) The camera connection kit can only be used to move document files on and off the iPad if you jailbreak. Otherwise it is for importing movies and pictures from compatible cameras. It will also allow the use of a USB keyboard and a few other things.

OP
J

JxL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help!!!~

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3) The camera connection kit can only be used to move document files on and off the iPad if you jailbreak. Otherwise it is for importing movies and pictures from compatible cameras. It will also allow the use of a USB keyboard and a few other things.

I thought Apple kill this feature by reducing the power output. I have never since I read this, but I am JB does this mean this feature is available to me now?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Cath999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought Pages and I bought Document-to-go to enable meto transfer slot of documents tomy iPad 2. My problem is that I cannot see how I can put the documents in folders so it's not so caotic and difficult to actually quickly locate the exact documents I need. Any suggestions?

Cath999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need advice regarding creating folders on ipad

I bought Pages and I bought Document-to-go to enable me to transfer lots of documents to my iPad 2. My problem is that I cannot see how I can put the documents in folders so it's not so caotic and difficult to actually quickly locate the exact documents I need. Any suggestions?
Also, I need advice regarding how to make my iPad see my PC so I can pair it with my iPad? I DO have Bonjour on my PC

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MAcsure said:

I thought Apple kill this feature by reducing the power output. I have never since I read this, but I am JB does this mean this feature is available to me now?

Well, Apple did reduce the amount of power supplied, but some USB Flash drives still work (very few, from my experience). Also, you can use the SD connector included in the CCK to read/write files directly to SD card - that still works great....

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jtrosky said:
Well, Apple did reduce the amount of power supplied, but some USB Flash drives still work (very few, from my experience). Also, you can use the SD connector included in the CCK to read/write files directly to SD card - that still works great....

Hey thanks jtrosky, For clearing that up for me. :)

Cath999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought Goodreader and it seems to work. Thank you very much for that advice. Very much appreciated :)

Not sure though how I can load and prepare documents so I can quickly get access to them. When I do that in Word it's easy as I can have them open and then just click on the particular file I need to use when I need it. I fail to see how I can easily do that in Goodreader. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Last edited:

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You sync your iPad with PC by using iTunes. You can watch the how to videos on the Apple site (apple.com) and click on iPad. You can also check out "support". Click on the picture of the iPad when it appears in the iTunes screen and then you can choose what you want it to do.

sonja7777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello can you help me, i want to know how to copy a document or file from office2 hd to an email and send it? icant seem to find any options> plzzzz help

Most reactions

Latest posts