1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Importing Documents Problem

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Chesdin, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Chesdin

Chesdin iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I purchased the PAGES APP and transferred some of my Word Documents to my IPad BUT some didnt transfer. I see them in my folder BUT I can ONLY view the documents that are in BOLD Print. Can I transfer spread sheets to my IPAD using PAGES? Why dont all my documents transfer over?

Thanks!

Chris
    VA
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    A couple of questions, if that's OK. How did you transfer the Word documents? Did you use iTunes, or email or perhaps a third-party app, such as GoodReader? When you say you can see them in the folder - is this the folder in Pages itself or somewhere else?

You mention spreadsheets. Pages cannot read Spreadsheets. For those documents (.xls, .xlsx) you need a spreadsheet app, such as Apple's 'Numbers' app.

Tim
  3. Chesdin

Chesdin iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks

I am using Itunes and currently downloading NUMBERS to import my spread sheets.
  4. GadgetGeek71

GadgetGeek71 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you don't mind using the cloud, try Dropbox.