What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfering photos from nokia lumia 800

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have some photos on my Nokia lumia 800, how can I get them from my phone to my iPad

Mikel56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. When I plug my Samsung in ipad says it takes to much power, After 10 yr's I'm getting tired of apple. There's other good stuff out there now.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. When I plug my Samsung in ipad says it takes to much power, After 10 yr's I'm getting tired of apple. There's other good stuff out there now.

Not an apple issue one cannot plug a blackberry into a galaxy tablet either the answer is regardless what you own transfer files to your desk top or laptop then import via iTunes to the iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not an apple issue one cannot plug a blackberry into a galaxy tablet either the answer is regardless what you own transfer files to your desk top or laptop then import via iTunes to the iPad.

At least with an Android device you could use either an OTH USB cable, NFC or Bluetooth. Saves having to use a PC and another piece of software.

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's a good idea sgregg will have a look tonight and see if I can get it onto my nokia lumia

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At least with an Android device you could use either an OTH USB cable, NFC or Bluetooth. Saves having to use a PC and another piece of software.

How exactly would this work to transfer photos from an Android device to another manufacturers device, such as an iPad.

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How exactly would this work to transfer photos from an Android device to another manufacturers device, such as an iPad.
I was replying to Colin who mentioned you can not do this on an Android device. I was stating with Android you do not require a PC.
Obviously from an Android device to an iPad the options would be either Dropbox or email.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The reason apple does not support blutooth transfer between devices is security. This is extremely important when providing phones to government organisations and companies whom have sensitive data on their phones. If you research Apple's websites you will find this answer comes up many times. Transfer of data can be achieved via wifi and or using products like drop box. It is more efficient and much faster and also more secure.
When I had a blackberry phone prior to the Apple iphone the same applied ie no transfer to another phone via blutooth.

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm fully aware on Apples view on file transfers over Bluetooth and in general I understand the necessity.
However I am not talking about transferral of sensitive business data, I'm talking about general photos between handsets which is what the OP was talking of albeit on a Nokia granted.
Ask any Android user how they transfer this non sensitive data and they will tell you their preferred method of ease is either OTA USB, NFC or Bluetooth. It's quick, simple and does not rely on any wifi/G network. Ideal for when you can not connect.
It has been occasions like this with no network available when I have had issues in transferring the photos on my Galaxy S3 over on to my iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts