What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folder Names

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,
Recently I JB my iPad 4 with Pangu and recently I noticed that folder names keep going on the right .. In a messy way. Has someone else that problem? And how to fix it ?
Thank you

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
Recently I JB my iPad 4 with Pangu and recently I noticed that folder names keep going on the right .. In a messy way. Has someone else that problem? And how to fix it ?
Thank you

Can you post a screenshot of what you mean?

Do you have any tweaks installed that change the look of your springboard or folders? Maybe it's one of them?

I ask because usually a jail break tool, in itself, doesn't cause issues with an iDevice - it's the tweaks and mods you make AFTER the jail break that cause the issues.

Marilyn

OP
TheSagittarius

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is the screenshot where it shows folders names. I've installed barrel and folder lock from Cydia. Maybe that affects ?

Attachments

• IMG_4886.PNG
    IMG_4886.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 209

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the screenshot where it shows folders names. I've installed barrel and folder lock from Cydia. Maybe that affects ?

Hmmm. It's not just your folders that are messed up. Your icon label are messed up, also (iFile, Terminal, etc).

I see that Barrel claims to be able to run up to iOS 7.1.x, so it may not be that. When I was looking at FolderLock, I get an "Installation Warning - this product is not currently certified to be compatible with your device." My iPad Air is still on iOS 7.0.6, so I'm going to make the assumption that this tweak isn't ready for iOS 7.1.x.

So, try removing/uninstalling FolderLock and seeing if that corrects the issue.

Marilyn

OP
TheSagittarius

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmm. It's not just your folders that are messed up. Your icon label are messed up, also (iFile, Terminal, etc).

I see that Barrel claims to be able to run up to iOS 7.1.x, so it may not be that. When I was looking at FolderLock, I get an "Installation Warning - this product is not currently certified to be compatible with your device." My iPad Air is still on iOS 7.0.6, so I'm going to make the assumption that this tweak isn't ready for iOS 7.1.x.

So, try removing/uninstalling FolderLock and seeing if that corrects the issue.

Marilyn

Hmmm, OK. I am gonna give it a try then. Thank you very much, sir !

Most reactions