What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfering Display From iPad to Projector

Esquire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everbody.

I have an iPad 3, a Pc and a projector. Is it possible to transfering the display from iPad to projector ? I am not able to connect the iPad to projector directly. And I just have an USB cable, nothing more.

Is there any hope ?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You need a means to connect the iPad to the projector. Apple sells a cable for this that has either a vga port or an hdmi port. You need the one that your projector will mate with. You might also be able to do this with Apple TV too, but that is more expensive. I don't know of a way to do this with only the items you list.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like Apple TV is the way to go if you can't connect the iPad directly to the projector. Apple Store at apple.com has a refurbished section where you can get them at around 15% discount if they are in stock.

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since you have wi-fi available.

If your projector can hook up to a PC or Mac, you might be able to use AirServer or Reflections instead of an AppleTV. These app make it possible to AirPlay to your PC/Mac, just like you would an AppleTV. However; they play to a window on the PC/Mac. I don't now how well that would translate to the projector display.

The AppleTV would be the best wireless solution, but if you want to try and save money this might do the job. Both apps offer a free trial version, so you might as well give them a look over.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

If your projector can hook up to a PC or Mac, you might be able to use AirServer or Reflections instead of an AppleTV. These app make it possible to AirPlay to your PC/Mac, just like you would an AppleTV. However; they play to a window on the PC/Mac, not the whole screen. I don't now how well that would translate to the projector display.

The AppleTV would be the best wireless solution, but if you want to try and save money this might do the job. Both apps offer a free trial version, so you might as well give them a look over.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

If your projector can hook up to a PC or Mac, you might be able to use AirServer or Reflections instead of an AppleTV. These app make it possible to AirPlay to your PC/Mac, just like you would an AppleTV. I don't now how well that would translate to the projector display.

Most reactions

Latest posts