What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display notes through projector?

hithouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a professor at a University in Canada, and I'm trying to increase my productivity in the classroom using an iPad and a samsung portable pico projector. What I like to do is jot down discussion topics as they come up in the classroom, and display them on a screen behind me. I've been using my windows laptop for this up until now, but thinking it would be much easier to just bring my iPad rather than my whole laptop and power cable. I've purchased a component video cable for the iPad today, but now it seems I can't display the native Notes app through the projector. I'm quickly learning that some apps can be displayed, mostly videos and slide presenter apps, but not many others. Anyone know of either:
1. A way to get the native Notes app to display through a connected projector or TV?
OR
2. Another app that can be used to take notes and will display through the connected projector?

Thanks in advance.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi hithouse, I am interested in using the iPad in the same way.

Some of the fruits of my research...

VGA-capable apps
2 Screens
PDF Presenter (formerly Power Presenter)
Penultimate (got it)
PDF Notes for iPad
Draft Notes
Note Taker HD (got it)
Sundry Notes Pro
Neu.Notes (only just got it)
Noterize (got it)
iAnnotate

KeyNote is VGA-capable but will only display on projector, not on both projector and iPad.

Penultimate looks and feels great, Noterize has strengths and weaknesses. My current favourite - for many reason - is Note Taker HD.

OP
H

hithouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'll give Note Taker HD a try.
Still accepting suggestions from others though, so feel free to share.

Dho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm using iPad for similar purpose but I haven't yet found a perfect app.

Apart from normal note taking features, I want the app be fast in recognizing writing (most apps do well), vga enabled (thanks chowdown's many suggestions), enable notes organization (i.e. Can organize notes in multi-layer folders, Notepad Pro can), palm ignore (i.e. I can rest my palm on the screen while writing, I just realize Penultimate can do, great!), import and export online, synchronization feature, etc.

Sounds picky?!

Do anyone know any such perfect app?

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In case your iPad is jail break , install display out , all apps in iPad can be project out .

Paul

Most reactions

Latest posts