What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

Vulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is only a tip if you have not read the manual ...
You can create a sub folder to categorize your apps (for instance a folder called "Productivity") .. to do this drag one of the productivity apps and drop it on another productivity app ... it will create a folder and allow you to pick a name for the folder. Moreover, the folder icon will have very tiny micro representations of the icons within the folder (very cool).

Vulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An iTunes tip ...

I often watch free video podcasts on iTunes. I found out that you don't have download the videos rather you can have iTunes stream it in original resolution ... very handy.

Studder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the new ipad-2, and need help how to put a video from my digital camcorder, to imovie, i tried to transfer it from my imac to the ipad but no luck, i bought the usb adapter, with the sd card adapter too, and it says "device requires too much power" how do i get mp4 video on the ipad, all help will be appreciated :)
I didnt mention this befor but id like to put the video on imovie app for ipad

Last edited:

Studder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it has to be done on the imac using "handbrake" first? , and then transfer it to itunes, to be added to the imovie app on my ipad 2

Vulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the new ipad-2, and need help how to put a video from my digital camcorder, to imovie, i tried to transfer it from my imac to the ipad but no luck, i bought the usb adapter, with the sd card adapter too, and it says "device requires too much power" how do i get mp4 video on the ipad, all help will be appreciated :)
I didnt mention this befor but id like to put the video on imovie app for ipad

I have several mp4 files on the ipad. I use a PC (no a Mac). I transferred (camcorder's native mp4 files) from the camcorder to a folder on the PC. I then added those files to the iTunes library (PC app). Then connected the iPad and from within iTunes I dragged those mp4 files into the iPad folder (left column). No conversion whatsover.

All except one mp4 played fine on the iPad.

Interesting ... I was able to drag and drop the files directly from the PC folder into the iPAD folder (i.e. without adding them to the iTunes library first) ... that did work but the thumbnails ended up being generic.

There are quite a few things about the iMovie on the iPad that makes it a dissappointment (google for recent review from a couple who spent an entire day playing with the app).

Last edited:

SouthernGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:( you need a mac to use the software. But that is cool. Can't wait till they release it in an upcoming update.

Most reactions

Latest posts